Nitro 1997 Savage 884

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobcat University

Reaction score
I don't have an owner's manual so I need you guys help. The boat was given to me and I'm trying to get it up and running. Can anyone tell me what type of anchor I should get for my boat? Also, where can I go to read and learn about how the bilge and freshwater systems work on the boat? Thanks in advance.

Bobcat,

I've never seen an owners manual for a boat that explained anything-they are way too generic. Anchors are a personal choice, based on what type of bottom is prevalent where you boat. Check the internet for info on different types and their pros and cons. I like a fluke type that I got at wally world, but regardless of what type you get, bigger is better. Get the biggest you can get into your storage area, and get more rope than you think you will need. IMO an anchor is a safety device that you can't do without.

I have a 96 896 Savage, if it is like mine, I will tell you how mine works. The bilge is in the back below the batteries, if you need to get to it, it's time consuming and requires some effort to remove the batteries and the oil tank. If you get those our of the way you will find a large composite plate that, in mine, is held down by four screws. Then all you have to do is stand on your head, from the waist down. There is room but it is cramped.

Now onto the fresh water system. Mine has 2 livewell switches on the panel at the side of the drivers seat, below that is a device that is a circle that has a arm the moves, one way to empty and one to close. This controls a wire that runs in the bilge area that opens and closes the live wells. The switches above control the water inpur to the livewells, there are 3 positions, the middle is off, the upper is on a timer, the lower is manual operation. To fill I put mine on manual. Be sure to remember to turn them off or you'll fill your bildge with water, been there done that.

The switch next to the livewells indicates recirculate, this activates a pump that recirualates the water. This has the same 3 positions of the livewell. On my boat this pump is located on the side of the livewells. I have access to the pump when I remove the removable storage behind the drivers seat.

You will have access to the livewell pumps when you gaqin access to the bildge pump.

Good luck, hope this helps. If you have any questions let me know.

JHim

Just noticed that you are in SA. I live in Boerne. so if push comes to shove we can get together.

Sorry for getting abck with you guys so late, it's been crazy arund here. Thanks for all the info. I'll be sure to take your recommendations.

Tornado - thanks for the offer and I juts might take you up on it.

Latest posts

Back