Newby here in VA

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steven McCabe

Reaction score
Hello all. My name is Steven and I live in Richmond Va. I grew up just outside of the city on a 4 acre pond and spent many days of my youth fishing. I just started fishing again and I caught the fever bad... I just purchased a 2000 Nitro 700 LX SC with a Mercury 115 on it. This is my first boat and it is a project. The previous owners son attempted to install all new gauges and completely unhooked all the electrical items on the dash. I managed to get the boat for a deal but I hoping to get some good advice and some help getting this thing back in the water so I can catch some monsters.

Steven

Well pictures of the wiring OR the color codes of your wiring will help. You'll have a color for the illumination of the gauges (usually blue or light blue), purple (normally) for anything that gets connected to the I or Ign terminal (with ignition on it gives it power), Black goes to ground stud on each gauge then you'll have colors for your sending wires. Gray being the important one (for tach signal), Pink for fuel tank sender, some tan or combination of it for trim (usually has a stripe on it) if you have a trim gauge. Tell us what gauges you have.I'll include a simple wiring diagram too to give you an idea of how it hooks up.

WireDiagram2-Motor-InstrumentSection.jpg~original

Latest posts

Back