New z7

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ed Majors

Reaction score
I just bought an almost new 2011 Z7. It has some sort of gel in the bottom of the rod lockers embedded in the carpet. I have scrubbed the carpet several times, but the carpet still seems slimy and doesnt dry up completely. Anyone have any idea what this could be. I don't know their building process, but could it be carpet glue or gelcoat residue? Thanks.

Not quite sure what it may be. I wouldn't think it came from the factory that way. I'm also a Z-7 owner and haven't noticed anything like you describe. Maybe some plastic baits that may have been left in the locker and slimed your locker over time?

Could be fish formula. That crap's impossible to get out of carpet. I eat my glue holding the carpet on one of my boats awhile ago.

fatrap

I was thinking the same thing, maybe some Berkley Gulp or something like that.

Dan,

Try some Goo Gone in a hidden spot, if it doesn't harm your carpet try it on your problem.

Ed - if its still under warranty and you got it direct from the dealer, take it back and have him deal with the issue. If not, try the goo gone route. Stuff is great, but it may loosen carpet glue or cause color change in the carpet - so test in an inconspicuous area and definitely use sparingly!

Latest posts

Back