New truck

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TritonGlenn

Reaction score
My 07 Ram had 112,000 on it, and although it still ran great and wasn't giving me any issues... I just wanted something new. After all, it was due for it's first really major tuneup - which also included changing out almost all the fluids - antifreeze, transmission, front and rear diff's, transfer case, etc... Plus the tires were in need of replacing, and 20" tires aren't cheap. And lets see... what other excuses did I use to convince myself to buy a new truck... :D

Regardless of actual "need", I just traded my 07 in on a new 2014 Dodge Ram Sport. I dropped the 4x4 in favor of 2wd because I never really "needed" it in the 6+ years I had it. Used it, yeah. But didn't really need it. I could have avoided the places I chose to lock in the hubs and plow through. It just wasn't worth the extra maintenance, lower mileage, extra parts to wear, etc...

So, without further ramblings, I present my new truck - Color is "Maximum Steel". It's a dark metallic grey that kind of has a blued-steel look to it.

photo-2_zps7a2cb570.jpg

All the best,
Glenn

....and yet I still drive the same truck as when you were here in VA!!:p Mine has 128k on it right now. I had a few problems pulling the boat in the mountains and now that we have a huge HD stock trailer, I am seriously considering an oil burner for my next truck. Put 2 horses on the trailer and even with the 3/4 ton, geared to tow (4.10), it works it hard. Got a check engine light coming back from Wisconsin keeping the truck at speed coming through the mountains. I imagine I had the cats cherry red!! Light went out after a few road trips without the boat.

Sweet truck. Like Barry, I'm a bit of a Ford loyalist, but Dodge makes a nice truck.

I had a '14 ram express which is basically the same as a sport, absolutely hated it!!! Plastic bumpers really!? On a truck that makes no sense, mine cracked the first month or so. I traded for a 2500 cummins

Latest posts

Back