New Tracker Owner

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Kinslow

Reaction score
My boat is still on order (Pro Deep-V 16, my first boat by the way) but I've been reading through all the past posts here on the site and some questions have come up. Other than the standard factory options (i.e., HBird 128 DX, 43lbs MG troll), what other options should I be looking at adding on that would improve my "fish catchin" chances on the water (or just anything else that would come in real handy)?

I've somewhat convinced myself on adding an anchor (still debating between automatic winch type or manual, need advice here too), and a bimini top (sun protection for my little fishing buddies). I'm also hearing about extra electronics up front.

As for cost, I'm aiming at the cheaper the better but without sacrificing quality and the most necessary options (who isn't right).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

John,
Congrats on the new boat. I had an electric anchor I received as a gift, and it was a curse. Always in the way, hard to control, too many bad things to list about it. I would stick with the old fashioned way. I would also go with a Lowrance or Garmin, no Humminbird. The only DF I ever have a problem with is my H-bird. The Eagles and Lowrances are trouble free on my boat, and I hear great things about the Garmin 160.

John -

Re: the anchor thing..... I had a "crank-up" on my boat at first. It, too, proved to be a pain. I found it much easier to just get one of those "H" shaped coiling things for ski ropes to hold 50' of HEAVY anchor line and toss and retrieve by hand. The heavy line is because it's easier to pull in the anchor. I think it's 3/8" that I use.

Scott

Latest posts

Back