new to me ranger

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T AMBURGEY

Reaction score
I am now the proud owner of a new to me ranger 481 v with a 150 evinrude, I still own and plan to keep my little tracker. It the biggest boat that I have ever owned. I will need some help. Never had a hot foot,any tip would be appreciated, I know I need seat time, but a little nervous bout the hot foot. I am real familar with the boat. My buddy owned it Ive fished from it alot but always from the back, the fiberglass world is new to me as a owner

Wouldn't worry too much about the hot-foot at all. It'll only take about 1 trip and you'll wonder how you lived with out it on other boats. Congrats on the new rig and enjoy... :)

Cool... just ease into the running... The hotfoot will become a "friend" once you adapt to it. You are fast on your way to becoming a boat mogul... You just need a pontoon, a bay boat and a sailboat... :blink:

Todd - I got my first 'hot foot' boat 5 years ago, and haven't looked back! HiTorq is right, once you get used to it, you'll wonder how you lived without one before. First make sure its at the right distance/angle and change it if you need to. I had to move mine as Rich had shorter legs then me, and needed to find the right distance and angle. I am seriously considering a sliding plate, so that my wife or others (like Eli when he's older) can drive it.

Idle away from your no wake zone, trim it all the way down/in, plant your foot on the floor and off you go! It will take time learning the spring rate/pressure needed to keep it at different speeds, and how much to come off the Hot Foot on waves/wakes...

Welcome to the family....old Rangers never die...they just change owners.

Latest posts

Back