New to me nitro 750

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric Maisch

Reaction score
Tomorrow I go to pick up my new to me 2006 nitro 750 w/ 90 hp merc. I'm really excited. I'm new to bass fishing. And entirely new to boating. I'm kinda jumpin right in. Me and my 2 boys love to fish but all we can get are sunny's along the shore. Boat looks great and is really clean. Started right up. Paint on motor is still gleaming. No signs of repair. Kinda got scared when I found out how much new motors cost. Actually I was appalled and don't quite understand. I'm paying 9,500. Boat and trailer both look new. Hull is clean. Boat comes with 2 Lowrence fish finders,( probably bottom of the line but I don't know how to use them yet anyways) min Kota 46 lb thrust troller, three batteries and charger. Does this price sound about right to you guys or am I as foolish as my wife thinks.

If you are going to pick it up, the price you paid is not relevant.:lol: You will be back with a ton of questions if you are new to the bass boat world. Congrats and ask away!!

Hi Eric,

I hope you and your boys have good luck with your purchase and enjoy the water.

Be safe,

Darren

It beats $30K for a new Z-7. I loved my 2002 NX 750 itself. It was my first bass boat also. I bought it from a couple who was trying to get rid of it. I already have a family bay boat with a Yamaha 225 4-Stroke, but wanted an intro-bass boat to see if I liked bass fishing. I kept the 750 for four years and just sold it a few weeks ago. Mine was used and not in the same condition as what you

I have an 05 750DC. Get some seat time and learn how to trim up the motor as you come on plane before you decide if you like that rig. If you trim it up too fast, the bow will be high, too slow, and the boat will dig and lean on you. Once you get this down it will become second nature and you will understand what I'm telling you, and you will like your boat. Don't be afraid of this, you will work it all out. And yes, with the 46 lb motor I don't quite get the 3 battery thing as Doug said unless one is a complete spare or wired in parallel to boost life on the 12V trolling battery.

Doug, I'm on the end of that Okaloosa Pier there in FWB quite a few times a year playing with the kings.....a couple more shots are in the plans before the cold weather sets in.

Thanks guys. The one battery is for cranking the motor the other two were wired inparallel and I supposed that was for extended life for trolling. Is that ok or should there be one.

I also have 3 batteries on my 2012 z6 with a 54 pound thrust 12 volt trolling motor. 1 for cranking 2 wired in sequence like a golf cart is. you don't get more volts but twice the amps and i can stay on the water twice as long as a single 12 volt battery.

Bought a 2004 nitro 750 last year after having a 16 ft bass tracker for one year, also was just getting into fishing. Love the boat, bought it from original owner and was very well taken care of. The only thing I would change is having 4 stroke instead of 90hp mercury 2 stroke. Be sure you are putting the right additives in the gas that are recommended. You will learn as you go, but I love the boat and sounds like you got a fair price. If you have any questions I would be more then happy to share what I have learned and things I plan on doing with the boat. Congrats

My 90 is A-OK, my second 3 cyl Merc/Mariner like this, they are tanks, nearly no problems last 15 years on 2 of them. Mark something is not right there for sure. I guess you have changed the fuel lines, plugs, etc?

That is a parallel connection (pos to pos, neg to neg), series would double the voltage to 24V. Doug I will be down the end of the month and again 2 weeks after that. If I had a galvanized trailer I would love to do it, just don't want to rot it out.

Eric, sorry to hi-jack your post here, good luck with your boat.....you will have some questions after you take it out just ask away, the folks here will help you out it is a good group here, I will help where I can though I'm far from an expert. One thing will be the pump-out function on your livewell, if you can't figure that out let me know. The valve actuation is a push/pull valve, it can be handy when you want to get the water out of your livewell.

Eric

Welcome to the most fun/aggravation you will ever have! NADA buying guide says you paid less than retail for the boat, so as long as you are happy with the price you got a good deal.

Couple of suggestions for you as a new owner

1-Ask questions! The former owner is a good bet, but strike up a conversation with folks at your local ramp-most will love to tell you about their boat and how they set things up

2-Practice! From backing up the trailer to getting the best performance, nothing beats "seat time"

3-Find your local Coast Guard Auxiliary or other boating safety organization and take a boater safety course. You will learn a lot and get another source for information

4-When you launch, get everything ready to go before you pull up to the ramp. This will keep you from having to rush to clear the ramp for others (rushing around is when plugs get forgotten!)

5-Remember why you bought the boat and have fun!

Thanks guys. First question. How can I acquire an owners manual for the boat and motor. Of course I thought of this after I got home with the boat

The manuals are very generic. If you cannot find a set, and feel like you need to see them, let me know and I will mail mine to you, you can look them over, read, get what you want out of them and then return them to me. You can figure out my real e-mail address if you click on the M after my name to contact me directly. Mine is from '05 but I doubt there is much difference between them.

Ok. Had the boat out today for the first time. How do I get the water out of the live well.

Latest posts

Back