New (sort of) from Central VA

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erik Lunde

Reaction score
I just 'refound' this site and see that it's changed. I joined a few years back when I got my first boat and when the learning curve was steep. I've learned a ton over the last few years - that's for sure. I run a 2004 NX882 with 150XR6. It's been a great boat for the most part, and I deal with the normal stuff any boat owner deals with, with the exception of needing a new trailer just recently. I fish as much as possible, which unfortunately is typically only once or twice a month, but as my boys are getting older, I'm hoping I can start making more and more trips with them.

I live in Central VA (Mechanicsville area), which leaves me lots of fishing opportunities in relatively close proximity. I fish South to Buggs and Gaston, North to the Potomac and West to Smith Mountain Lake, with the James, Chick and Pamunkey in between. Do I have a favorite...??? Not really...I love them all for their own different qualities, and to be honest, I really don't care, as long as I'm getting some fishing time in. That being said, there is something very special about the summer frog bite on the Potomac though. It literally keeps me up at night when it gets on my mind.

Here's a shot of my boat, on it's brand new trailer, and finally in a garage. I'm pretty darn happy to have just recently moved into a 'new to us' home that will fit the boat and all my gear.
20131110_171437.jpg

Welcome Erik - again, I've got a friend (we're pontooners) who lives in your area

Oh no, this guy was some kind of engineer but retired due to health like me. Took me a bit but his wife in her facebook profile has them listed as living in
Matoaca, Virginia

Erik,

Welcome and make sure you come up to the hotside of Lake Anna for a fishing get together we are planning.

Yes, very interested - you can send me an email with info - [email protected]. The hotside is always fun to fish too, especially moving into this time of year. If your hands are cold, just stick 'em in your livewell for a few, or hold onto the fish you just caught a few extra seconds. LOL

Latest posts

Back