New PT185 questions

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shannon Daves

Reaction score
Hey men. Saw your post regarding you new 185. I have a 2000 PT175 with a 50. I am considering selling my 175 and buying a new 185 with the 115. If you don't mind me askin, how much was your boat? Also, do you have any pictures? I would appreciate any pics you might have like a side and rear profile and maybe interior shot.

Thanks... If you need to email me pictures, etc feel free to.

Well, I can answer some of my own questions. I took off this afternoon and went to BPS Atlanta. The 185 with the power up 90hp is $13,150. Going to the 115hp makes it a little over $16,700. That is a difference of over $3550. I wasn't expecting that big of a difference. That's a drive out price of $18,815+. Ouch. I guess I'll just keep my "old" 2000 PT175 with the slow 50...lol. I just really like the thought of having more room and speed.

Anyway, I'd still like any pics.

Thanks

Going to the 185 with a 90 would be a world of change, and even better, go with the Opti!

Yeah, was thinking about the 90, but know I would always regret not going with the biggest.

What kind of speed would I be able to get with a 90? I weigh about 225, and with full load, full fuel and empty livewell I am running about 33.5 (GPS), and about 32 with fishing partner. I'd like to be able to get at least 50-55 with whatever.

I love the look of those 175's with the red trim. I found out today that the 185 is only available with black and "Jalapeno" green.

Thanks for the help.

Thanks for the info guys.

Anyone with a 185/90 combo have speeds?

It's gonna take some convincing of the "warden" to allow me to sell my 175 and buy a new boat and have payments. I was lucky enough to be able to pay cash for my 175, no chance of that with the new mouth to feed (10 week old daughter).

I have a 99' pt185 w/90 hp merc. All info is in the "performance list" under S,Carl.

You have the wrong prop:( You need at least a 22 with that 115. I'm runnin' a 13"x 21 SS Quicksilver and pushing 45 @ 5400 RPM's with me and a 1/2 tank of gas:) You should be able to tickle that 55 mark I'd say...just opinion:)

I don't understand why Tracker has not jumped on the "tin" band wagon when it comes to gettin' an 18' boat that you can hang a 150 off the back:)

Get rid of the rest of the wood and add a few more stringers and your there.

BTW...are you sure that's an 03'? I thought that you could only get the 115 with an 04' boat with no wood in the transom?

Tee - Tracker does make an 18' tin that can handle a 150, the TV-18, Avalanche and Tundra.

I'm talkin' Mod V...and I 've heard a few guys having problems with the 150 hangin' off the back of the TV18.

I'm just sayin' that Tracker is behind the "curve" when compared to Express and Triton.

Hmmm...how much weight difference between the 90 and 115? Mine sets pretty low in the water in the back with a full tank and two people with the 90:)

Tee - just reposition your gear to make up for the weight differnece (should be minimal). Look for a place to relocate the trolling battery further up in the boat. It's all a matter of balance.

Latest posts

Back