Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul P

Reaction score
I finally joined the Website. I have been referencing this site frequently for a year now. Great people and great info for sure! I'm looking forward to participating.

I noticed many have aliases listed with their messages. Is there a way to have this appear automatically or is the proper way to type it in each message entry?

Thanks!

Thanks!

Jr ... I didn't notice a field to specify Alias in the profile. I did notice that the site somehow remembered the alias which I originally used creating this message. Do you have more specifics on where to specify alias?

Most of our real names appear under our pictures posted on the wall of the Post Office.

fatrap

Figured it out.

Thanks!

This site should certainly keep me busy while I'm at work!

another one from the n east. welcome.

were do you do most of your fishing ???

GregD

I fish a lot of local small bodies of water throughout the year. Big bodies which I frequent each year are Lake Champlain, and Lake Winnipesaukee. Champlain is at the top of my list ... awesome fishery. Usually get there for 5 days in the spring then a couple of weekends in the fall. In adition, My family and I typically spend our 2 week summer vacation on water up in the Sebago Lakes Region in Maine and usually stay on Brandy Pond which has access to both Sebago and Long Lakes.

Wecome Paul, Paul is a good of a name as any. I wouldn't sweat it.

Welcome Paul!! How you set your preferences can greatly affect how the message board performs for you. I set mine with "Topics with most recent replies first" and "Log out-never".

Harpo

Harpo

Thanks for the preferences tips. For some reason I'm having a problem finding how to navigate to a page to set such preferences. Can you tell me the navigation steps?

Thanks

Paul

Welcome Paul and neighbor! What local water do you fish?

Cass :)

Harpo

Never mind! I finally looked at the top of the page and found preferences.

Never mind me ... I'm slow!

Thanks again,

Paul

Paul,

Welcome to NTOWS. Oh yea....I heard that Lake Champlain won't be any good for bass fishing this year due to the fact that the ice isn't scheduled to melt until December!!! Last week I read that a truck went through the ice in St. Albans Bay. Maybe spring is just around the corner in a month or two!!!

Bob G.

Hey Bob,

The dumping of vehicles through the ice is an annual spring event up North is it not :)

Carlos

Cass -

For local water I fish Forge Pond in Westford quite a bit since I live about 2 miles from there. I decided I would fish the hell out of it until I feel like I have it figured out through all seasons.

Do you fish many local places? Where do you recommend?

Bob G. -

That ice better melt this spring else I'm going into hibernation for a year. Once you experience quality fishing like that, you can't live without it for more than 5 or 6 months.

It is an annual event. This is just the first time that it was Bob's truck. I hope you had you SOSpenders on....LOL

OOPS....I was in such a frenzy over the opportunity to take a dig at Bob that I forgot to say...

Welcome to the board Paul!!!!

Paul, I am 1.5 miles from the Merrimack River, Southwell Ramp and put in there during the week, never on the weekend can't stand the jet ski gangs that hang out there. I also like Mascopic Lake in Tyngsborough but again only go there during the week. Never tried Forge even though I am only a few miles away. What do you catch there?

Cass :)

Hi Cass,

For a local pond, Forge has pretty good large mouth fishing. As you would expect, you can catch your share of pickerel as well. Plenty of sunfish, perch, and all that.

Access is via a gravel ramp on the side of the road. Access is not very convenient so you don't get many people other than fishermen launching at this lake. There is a decent number of houses on the lake so you do get your share of jet skis, etc on the weekend.

Paul

Paul,

i have a summer home on long lake and grew up on Brandy pond.

small world. maybe i will see you out there some time.

GregD

Paul - Welcome. I haven't fished Forge myself. I work in Westford and live in Chelmsford but my boat is up at my place on Champlain. Let me know when you will be up at Champlain.

Latest posts

Back