new member question

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kw Doherty

Reaction score
HAPPY NEW YEAR. I am buying my first boat, a 2003 Tracker Pro Team 175 with 40 HP 2 stroke Merc. Does anyone know what the package length is for this boat? Im hoping it will fit in my garage.

Thanks, Kent

According to the 2003 Tracker boat brochure, which somehow I happen to have. The "Packaged Length" is 21'1". However, it does not state if that is with the fold-away tongue folded or not. My guess is, the not folded dimension.

Just for your info the list price back then was $8495 plus dealer prep, destination charges and applicable taxes. Also add another $1400 to the price for a 2 cycle 40hp. (25hp. was standard issue), $395 for a 12v onboard single bank charger, swing-away tongue, tackle trays, aluminum step pads & chrome wheels.

I have a PT 185 and it is 20'6" counting motor and with tongue folded, won't fit straight in but pushed to one side fits great and I have room for my truck....I had my friends PT 175

in there for a couple of weeks and they both fit about the same, motor is in down position and turned to left....

I have the 2003 pt175 with 25hp 4-stroke. It measures 21' 6" from the tip of prop to the front of ball hitch. This is with the motor tilted up in the travel position and motor support on. probably can gain 6 inches by tilting down. also the 4 stroke 25 is larger than the 40hp 2-stroke I beleive. Final comment is that the swing away tongue on mine will shorten the overall length by another 2 feet.

Thanks for the valuable input. I do have the swing away tongue, so it sounds like I should be ok.

Latest posts

Back