New Lowrance HDI-5 for my Nitro

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BTD - PA

Reaction score
Gentleman,

Recently purchased this unit and am waiting until I pull my boat out of storage in the next 4-5 weeks (if the snow will ever stop). Anyone have experiece installing FF/GPS unit like this? Is this something I should attempt to install or should I have my shop install for me? Pretty handy with this type of stuff. If I have the dealer install, what should I expect to pay?

Any comments are appreciated. Need to find more this size.

Attachments

• LMB.jpg
    LMB.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 168
I always install my own stuff, even the power pole, but not everyone is stupid or head strong like me :D but I usually figure it out. A dealer install is $100 an hour and they'll usually charge a minimum of 2 hours when I can do it myself in 30 minutes.

I would do encourage you to do it yourself. Pretty basic. Just follow the instructions. Just make sure to use the recommended fuse for your unit. Are you mounting it at the console? If you have an existing unit there just mark the wires as you remove them and replace (usually) with the new unit. You might want to youtube sonar installations. Might give you some ideas.

Latest posts

Back