New Carpet

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatrap

Reaction score
At least it's new on deck between elevated fishing platforms
fatrap

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 199
  • d2.jpg
    d2.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 161
cq, did you do the job or have someone do it for you?? Looks professional from what I can see.

CQ I had someone do it. Auto Enhancements in West Omaha. Cost a $1000 but it was worth every penny for the quality job. They had years of experience the right tools. If you had seen what was in there you'd of spent the money too. Now that I decided against the Ranger I have maybe one other upgrade on this boat and that can be putt off for another year. They told be the deck under the crap carpet was like new. Most of the old carpet wasn't glued down and the aluminum surface was pristine saved some $$ because it took less time.
They also found that my swing tongue was severely cracked on both the pin side and the swivel side. The tongue had about ten inches of play up and down. I was going nuts trying to figure out where the clanking noise was coming from. Welding "I CAN DO" and got it fixed pronto had one more trip to the lake then stored it Sunday in a nice dry building. Today it snowed and froze. Good timing.
fatrap

First winter in 20 years that I actually winterized the boat. Looked at the schedule and realized it would be February before I had a weekend available to fish. So, did the run out the gas after 5 minutes on the muffs with Stabil Marine and Seafoam in a full tank of gas. Did the lower unit oil and wrapped the lower units in plastic. Moth crystals to keep out critters and three layers of tarp/covers. Fogging oil in the cylinders and packed the wheel bearings.

Now, watch... my plans will change and I will have a weekend to run out to the Mississippi!!! Well, I am ready for that, too! 16ft Polarkraft Jon Boat with a 25 hp electric start so I am not totally stranded... Duck boat can do walleyes!!!

fatrap, blame it on my senile condition, don't know why I said cq, guess I was thinking about a post he made 2-3 days ago and I hadn't seen a response on it yet.

@Air Force, which post? I just returned from hunt camp for a couple of days and then back down to camp for a few days. We needed a new hot water heater for the camp, so into Sutherlands I go. It is really hard to rough it.

Latest posts

Back