New boat work on Z7 :)

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josh Keeney

Reaction score
Just thought i'd throw a few things up on here in case people are looking for ideas as I was a few weeks ago, looks good and saves money :) Rod holders (12 rods)for locker made and installed myself. Middle seat replacement on my own and the piece to cover my original in dash fishfinder (has piece cut by guy, i added decals to match) Need any info let me know :)

dash cover.JPG

rod holders.JPG

seat replacement.JPG

very sharp, how did you attache the diamond plate where the seat was?

There is about a 1" gap between fiberglass and gas tank in center seat area, so I just carefully drilled and put small screws in and it's solid. Traction is fine, long as ur not dancing :)

I have a 2010 so I have step ups between the seats that are built in. I do know that in 2011 they have an option of replacing the center seat with a step up. has Nitro logo in it, pretty slick.

This is a 2008 Z7 and this year they were not really thinking to much lol They have a seat originally in the center and nothing to step on (besides one of seats) to get to back deck. Kind of crazy to me. The newer models are much nicer with the steps built in between the seats :)

Wow those are some great improvements. How did you attach the rod holders to the inside of the rod box? Thank you

Put L-brackets on the side toward center, drilled and screwed it down. Put the velcro strips on the other side (can't drill because its side of boat and would take water). Holds really well! I was worried with velcro, but very pleased! :)

Mine is also a 2008 model, and there is a step to get to the back...all the way on the port side @ the cup holder, and it is too skinny for my foot.

I made this for a fishing trip I took with my Dad, who would not have been able to use the side step up they give you. I liked it so much, I have left it this way. My center seat still looks brandie new, sitting in my spare bedroom closet. I also didn't like how the top of the seat would dig into my ribs when I was getting fish out of the livewell.

I got the rod holders when I bought my boat. Here's a couple of pics of my solution to the center seat. Yes, I can put the seat back in if I want, on top of the plate. Also, the screws I used to mount it go into the back as well as the bottom, and even catch the 1" lip on the bottom of the back, which is what the seat plate sits on. This stiffened up that area immensely, where as before, when you would step on it, you could see & feel it flex.

It is made from 1/4 aluminum, welded at the joint, and Line-X coated for looks and traction.

I also store my keeper counter/fish ruler under the bottom flip up part of the drivers seat, with the lip to the inside. This way, I just slide it out onto the plate, measure the fish without worrying about it flopping off into the water, and then put it in the livewell (if it is big enough), and just slide the rule back under the seat. Always ready, and no worries about it leaving the boat on a high speed run.

DCP_0134.jpg

DCP_0133.jpg

Latest posts

Back