new boat questions

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry Gregan

Reaction score
I recently purchased and received a new 750 nx. One problem I already see is that there are no stern cleats. This is my first fiberglass boat and am not sure about drilling holes etc., to install stern cleats. Any advice would be appreciated. Also had Zercom bow flasher installed by factory but no owners manual came. Tracker said dealer should have gotten one but dealer said all manuals were in boat when I picked it up. Anyone know how to get manual. I e-mailed zercom but no response as of yet. I fish Canada alot and was very wary of fibergalss boats ... hope it holds up like aluminum hull. I have a 75 merc 2 stroke. Anyone have any problems with that particular motor. Also upgraded to Motorguide 67lb thrust with dual on board charger. Looking forward to maiden voyage. Any advice appreciated.

Drilling into a new boat is pretty scary...But as long as you are careful it shouldn't be a proble. What you want to do is put masking tape over the area you want to drill and then mark were you want the holes on the tape. Then make sure you use a nice and sharp drill bit to drill through the tape and fiberglass. Go slow and let the drill bit do the work. The tape should stop any excessive chipping from happening.

As for the Manual, Only place I would look would be Zercom.

I like the bigger trolling motor. Cant have to much motor on each end I feel.

Have fun

John

John F.
thanks for the advice. I hope Bass pro shop has the same cleats in the catalogue that they install on their Nitros.
Thanks again. I will definitely use the masking tape.
Larry

Larry, Also use a countersink bit to chamfer the holes you drill to eliminate gel coat and glass cracks.

Good luck!

Bruce

I bought a new 2000 901CDX in Feb. I also didn't get the right manual for my Zercom flasher. I went to the Zercom site and asked about the manual. They responded with questions about the model. After I supplied them that info, They responded that my manual was in the mail. Looking forward to receiving it at no cost!

Latest posts

Back