New Berkley Bubble-Up Tubes

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon Jackoviak

Reaction score
Has anybody tried the new Berkley Bubble-Up Tubes? If so, how did they work and did you like them?

Jon

As so many others do, I use alka selzer. Gotta be clear water. How much more are they compared to their regular tubes?

TOXIC

Toxic,

Up here in Michigan the lakes we fish are super clear, sometimes you can see down 15-20 feet. I can get them for the same price as the regular Power tubes. Does the alka selzer really work?? I have never tried this technique, but was thinking about it this year.

Jon

Same effect......I rarely use them. I am a simpleton....no wise cracks either!! I don't like gimmics and that gets real close. I am going to try some of the "blood hooks" on a white buzz bait though. HawgCaller of course.

TOXIC

The best thing you can use for that is called crackle. Not sure if they have it in the states but we can get it up here in canada. It sometimes makes the difference to catch a quality fish

QuinteBasser

Tox,

You HAVE no idea how bad I want to chime in there........ Lucky i know you :)

Carlos

Jon, I have tried the Bubble tubes - got a bag for a field test. The effect seems VERY close to simple Alka-Selzer, possibly lasted a bit longer. I haven't noticed a great difference in my LM catch rates with the Alka-Selzer (if they're not hitting on tubes, they seem unaffected by the addition of the fizz-fizz; if they ARE hot on tubes, they seem to hit them either way). BUT, I have had very good results with PopRocks on smallmouth in some local creeks! Not sure if our PopRocks are what quintebasser calls "crackle", but around here (PA) I have found it to drive the SM crazy! I take about 4-5 "rocks", stick them in the nose of the tube, and plug the tube with a small piece of cotton dipped in some Bang (crawfish scent). I did this one day when we couldn't get bit on anything. It was as if we were fishing a different creek. Rocks will last about 5-10 minutes before needing to be replaced. Bag of PopRocks costs a few cents.

Latest posts

Back