New Berkley Baits....

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOMMY RICH

Reaction score
Just wanted to let you guys know that Berkley has some really fine products this year that will be HOT IMHO!

The new Bat Wing Frog looks awesome...

The new Power Jerk Shad should kill the brownies this spring...

And the new 5" Hollow Body Swimbait should be killer for them ol greenfish or brownfish.

The Sabre Tail Tube should be hot too!

Most know I am a BIG Powerbait user and will continue to do so:cool:

Laugh all you want but I still love the Bungee worm! Maybe that's why I never catch any big fish. :D

You need to try some of those 10" worms down the hills this year :lol:

Kiddin' aside..how ya' doin' Teri?

You gonna try to make it to Dale this spring?

Berkley is a great brand but I didn't care to much for the batwing frog. It is a little elongated and flipped over a lot. Flipping over was a problem because it is laminated, most of the time it was swimming green side down. Zoom horny toad was much better and I really like action from the Stanley's bigfoot frogs.

But I still caught more fish with the 7" pumpkinseed original worm.

Bill Kyte

Awwww....Don't tell me you don't fish the SPRO Bronzeye frogs?? They are a good bait with a better hookup ratio than others. There is something to be said for hollow body frogs. That is bleeding over to swimbaits now also. I throw the Zooms with a little trick on the Potomac, I let them fall to the bottom (on 5.0 Superline Gamakatsu hooks and 50lb BPS braid) in holes in the grass and rip or swim them up. But for topwater action, I throw the SPRO's. Why am I starting to sound like a bait pimp??:lol: I am very excited about how my sponsors have come up with some new stuff this year as well as making the old baits better. Yamamoto sent me some proto-type swimming Senkos and they were in Glad bags with labels for cryin out loud:eek:. I called them and they will not start production until they get feedback. I've been catchin' fish on them also;) Long gone are the days of throwing a dozen "new" baits on the market by any company. SPRO is inovative by letting the pro's design baits in their favorite techniques. It seems to be working. The Rojas Frog, Siemmantel BBZ swimbait, Klein jigs, Roland's topwater Dawgs, and now the Crews crankbait have all been big hits. Kudo's to Tim Norman at SPRO for re-vitalizing that aspect of the company.

I've got the Fishing Master Catalog from BPS and will begin my "Research" on new baits today!!:lol::lol:

TOXIC

I agree Tox...they all seem to know there is big $ to made here:cool:

How long till we see the Toxic frog? Will it be "scented"? :blink: I was going to ask about the Toxic worm but, I remember that made it's appearance a couple years ago during a keel protector installation. The MVM is still not right after that. :p

Gene

Teri,

Neeley has a bunch of Bungee wormsin his clearnce bin right now at the store. Have him gather them all and make him an offer, I certain he wont refuse!

Mini

Toxic- I agree about the SPRO frog! That SOB is one bad dude!! I bought one a couple springs ago and he is actually retierd. He caught so many bucket mouths that he will barely float anymore. You can bet your butt (scary thought) that I have several of his cousins on stand-by!!

Hahaha Tim...Rojas has one that he calls Kermit, it's his favorite color combo. If I ever do a replica mount (gonna take a 10lb Yankee Bass), I'm mounting the lure right with it. BTW, a little Pro Soft Bait Glue will do wonders on patching them up when they get torn.

TOXIC

Thanks Tox.. I might have to buy a can of white spray paint to go with it though. I can't believe all that the poor little fella actually went through. I think maybe he was Marine/Seal combo trained!!lol He sure looks rough, but I have a friend who always asks if I have him with me and I too call him kermit!! He even offered to rent him for twenty bucks for a tournament once, but I had to pass. I told him I didn't want Kermit to show him too many tricks!!

Tim

Do Spro frogs really work??????

11.7lb Monster 3-30-07.JPG

HEY DANO!!!!! Sure do miss ya around here. How the heck are you?? Not fair fishun outta that bath tub!! Probably in some top secret private lake.:lol::lol: I'm afraid to ask what she weighed....... gotta be over 10:huh:

TOXIC

Yo Dan! Howyoubeen?

Got any water left in that ditch down there?

Thanks! She went 11.7lbs. You can find her on the Bienville Plantation website as well. She's still swimming in one of the lakes. (One of the remote, really daggum hard to get to lake!!!) We caught a bunch of double digits this past Spring down there. The weekend she came up on the toad we had a dozen or so photo fish (8+) and I lost one a good 3lbs. heavier than her.

If you decide to go, remember: Braid, a Broomstick, and a Bronzeye!!:D
http://www.bienville.com/pages/fishing/pictures/index.php

Hey Mini! There's a little water left in our pond. The trouble is that there is almost no way to get to it. Only two ramps are open and the one I wouldn't do on a dare. The little bit of a creek I have left behind the house would take a lot of Crown Royal and a crash helmet to make it to the big water. Luckily, my boats got wheels and plenty good fishing close by.

toxic,

i crush them on the potomac with the spro frog. early last year i started working on some modifications and i just tore them up. I went through more than 15 last year, and last weekend on my annual trip to bps i bought them out. cant wait for topwater season to hit.

mike c

Latest posts

Back