Netting Fish

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eric nichols

Reaction score
Decided to try some tournament, small and local, fishing this year. Two were "nets allowed" and two were "no nets". Just curious as to why some allow nets and some don't.

Eric

Eric, there are pros and cons concerning the use of nets. Hence the reason some tournaments don't allow them. I believe the original pro tourneys were all anti-net.

The main reason (con) for not allowing them is because it (the net), can remove some of the 'slime' on the fish. It's a protective slime. The same reasoning that you don't allow the fish to flop around on boat carpet. The newer netting used in some nets is supposed to be better at preventing that.

Personally, I would rather lip a fish than net it. I've lost more fish from an unexperienced coangler stabbing at them with the net and knocking them off. Of course that doesn't take into account Mac, who lost my biggest smallie ever (as long as you keep the skirt joke going, I'm gonna bust yer chops on loosing my fish):lol:

Latest posts

Back