Need Prop suggestions for Tracker Tournament 18V

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry Scott

Reaction score
Boat has a 90 Mercury w/ a 3 blade alum 21 pitch. Boat comes out of hole good, but will only turn 5100. w/ minimal trim. Additional trimming only causes increase in RPMS, w/a lot of slip, no lift and no increase in speed. Open to suggestions from owners of this same boat who have already got this problem solved. Thanks Larry in western Ky

If the prop is clean and unaltered it should be providing good performance on your hull and engine combo. This is only possible with your engine and hull running surface both within factory specs. Your engine power band is between 5000-5500 RPMs (guessing it is a two stroke), so you are in it. Check your prop blade surfaces and make sure your fuel delivery is clean. A gummed up fuel system is a power thief. Good luck! ;)

Boat has a 90 Mercury w/ a 3 blade alum 21 pitch. Boat comes out of hole good, but will only turn 5100. w/ minimal trim. Additional trimming only causes increase in RPMS, w/a lot of slip, no lift and no increase in speed. Open to suggestions from owners of this same boat who have already got this problem solved. Thanks Larry in western Ky
I have the same set up. I run the 90 hp for several years then went with a 115 optimax. With the 90 I run a 19 pitch blackmax prop it would turn 5400 rpm and performed well it run about 43 mph per gps. The prop did have a problem of blowing out on sharp turns. I run a 19 pitch 4 blade Spitfire on the 115, holds tight on turns.

Larry, did u ever get a prop size that gives u the performance you like? If so what was it.

I got a crisp as new 20Laser II. I was having some tach problems before I got this prop, now waiting on a new tach so I can test my new wheel. I ran it one time, got more lift and ran 41.5. Just dont know where I am in the RPM range. Next step is to mount a 6"high jacker plate. Wish I had a 19/20 Trophy to try, just for grins.
I'll post my results as soon as the tach arrives. Larry in western Ky

Took the jack plate off, didnt see a performance gain. Later I sold the 90
and went w/a 125 opti. Still in breakin so I'm not sure about what prop
I will need. I was running a 20 Lazer on the 90, and thought it may be a
little loose on the 125, so I bought a 22, and it appears to be a little stiff.
May have to get the 20 worked for a good compromise. Larry in western Ky

Latest posts

Back