Need keys

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruce Stenman

Reaction score
I bought a 2009 Pro Guide and it has a lockable glove box and rod holder compartments but the original owner lost the keys or did not get them from the dealer. Anyone have any idea of the keys that are used? I would bet that all the boat locker locks use the same keys and are not unique to any one boat.

Does anyone have these keys and to they have any code on them?

Impossible to contact the manufacturer directly so at a loss. The dealer wants $50 to replace the plastic glove box lock which is more than a little outrageous.

My 2012 Pro guide came with seperate keys for glove box, and storage lockers. Key for glove box is plain. Storage locker key has a number on one side, and manufacture name on the other.

I hate a thief more than most other crooks, but I never lock my boxes. If someone wants in they can pry them open with a screwdriver, adding damage to the theft.

And you don't have to pull the locks. Just go to a dealer and they can match them up out of a shoebox full of keys that most have. There's only like 3 or 4 different key combo's.;)

Getting a key made up from the lock makes the most sense but if you're looking for a site to find a match try this site.. Great site as they provide CAD drawings so you can match up to what you are replacing. You can't buy from them but they provide distributor location where you can purchase, but you'll have to buy 2!.. That worked for me as my lock seized up...

I have a 2nd one if anyone is interested.. Here's the link to the specific unit.

http://www.southco.com/en-us/93/93-303

I'll split the price

Mike
http://www.southco.com/en-us/

I took my boat to the Tracker Marine dealer in Austin and they had lots of spare keys in a bucket on the bench, and matched mine up at no charge. Great bunch of guys.

Latest posts

Back