Need a new Tachometer and Fuel Guage Sending Unit

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pcastle

Reaction score
Nitro 750 2007 90Hp Omptimax Need to replace the tach and sending unit. Trying to get a couple quotes on prices the Tracker part numbers are 102437 and 164326 respectively but can't find anywhere on line to compare prices. Can anyone help with that? Also wondering what after market Tach would be a replacement if that's cheaper than the Tracker Tach.
Thanks!

Any new tach (almost any - most) will work. I'm puzzled though by what you're referring to as the sending unit. Sending unit for what? By the way, setting for your Mercury will be 6P on the back of the tach.

OHHH Fuel Gauge sending unit. Those don't normally go bad. Have you already had it out of the tank and tested it?? Again, any universal sending unit will work as long as you adjust to the depth of the tank correctly so float doesn't rest on the bottom and will rise to the top without restriction. I've only done it once but careful cutting of the length and it will read true.

OHHH Fuel Gauge sending unit. Those don't normally go bad. Have you already had it out of the tank and tested it?? Again, any universal sending unit will work as long as you adjust to the depth of the tank correctly so float doesn't rest on the bottom and will rise to the top without restriction. I've only done it once but careful cutting of the length and it will read true.
I have not taken it out to test it yet. If not the sending unit do you have any suggestions? Perhaps the guage or the float is stuck?

Have you not verified its not the wiring to the sender or its loose on the gauge itself? What are the symptoms of you thinking its the problem? Is it running bad? Fuel level not showing correctly? etc etc.

I've yet to own a bass boat or any boat for that matter, that had an accurate fuel gauge. In my experience it will NEVER be like your vehicle. Chasing that ghost will drive you bonkers.

As far as tach's go, 6P should be the proper setting once you get one. Look at the tach you have, it should say Faria, Teleflex, etc. My NX750 has a Teleflex tach...Lido series.

RH

Latest posts

Back