Need A New Boat Cover For Nitro Z7

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FLsportsman

Reaction score
Hey All
I've had my `13 Nitro Z7 since fall of 2012. I custom ordered the boat and bought the factory cover. Since then, I feel the cover has really failed me especially for the $650 price tag. The threads were the first to give out and now the fabric itself is tearing beyond patching. Bottom line - time for a new cover, but I don't want to pay another $650+. Can any Nitro owners make a recommendation for a good semi-custom fit cover for a Z7 DC or SC? I rarely use the dual console, so either way. Thx - Doug

I purchased a cover from baotcovers.com with weather max material, after a period of time without cleaning and water proofing the cover started to fail. Cleaned the cover and after water proofing and found threads starting to pull away and straps coming off, purchased Tear Mender TG-6H Instant fabric and Leather adhesive. The glue took around 6 hours to set, but did not have to stitch the extra protection for steering console, trolling motor or at the stern ends. Used a Sewing Awl kit to restitch the tie down straps. Good luck.

Aurora Canvas, Dean's..........Both will be expensive but with covers, you get exactly what you pay for. even with my $1000.00+ Ranger factory cover, I won't trailer with it. If you are like me, then any mid priced cover used for storage would work but if you are going to tow with it on, get out the checkbook.

Reactions: cq
Dowco Marine makes custom covers for Tracker boats. My first lasted seven years and the second is in pretty good shape. Some zipper issues. My Tuna Scowl (07 Tundra) has to endure outside environment so a bought a cheap cover from Menards to cover the cover. I travel with the tarp on in most cases to discourage people from grabbing and running with gear.

Latest posts

Back