Name that Boat !

• Thread starter Teri C. [IMG]http://www.zjstech.net/~library/8544/
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teri C.

Reaction score
Ok, It's sunny and 60 here today and I am way too excited about picking up my Triton on Saturday. I can't wait to get it in the water. It's suppose to be sunny and 60 on Sunday. Here fishy, fishy, fishy.

The Banana Boat will soon find a new home (I hope) and the Triton will take her place. The Banana Boat was so easy to name but I am having trouble with the Triton.

So....can you name that boat?
15851_l.jpg

LOL @ Jim B.

For a brief moment I thought someone really had a boat like mine in yellow.

Hey Greg D,

Golden Banana is a perfect name. You even have to sit behind glass in the front seats.

LOL

Paul

"Muh Booaat!"

Teri,...are you going to be stoppin' by the store this weekend?? We gotta hook up and tip a few either friday or saturday night!! I'll call your cell when I get down there!

I'll be in town about 8pm thursday!! We gotta Par-Tay!!

Mac

Very nice boat,, congrats, your gonna love the ride, and that VMAX is a great motor, had one on my 2001 Triton.

Coolboat-- Let us know how she handles

"Yummy Fisher"

Congrats -- HaleDamage----------Rick

Carries-a-Teri-toon

or

Name that Toon

or

Toon Time

LOL @ Carlos. You're sick and wrrong, but funny.

"The Looney Toon", Only a nut would trade a Nitro in for a Toon.

MeBassn

Hey! You could name this one "Whipped Cream!" Your next boat should be cherry red.

Then you could honestly name it "Banana Split with Whipped Cream and A Cherry on Top"

Ok, call me uninformed, but why do they call Tritons "toon"? I've never heard that before.

Teri,

How about "Gold Strike" or "Tojo Yama-Moto"?

If you are going out on Priest this time of year with the water down, be VERY careful as there are many shallow areas that are not marked and you will lose a prop or lower unit in a heartbeat. Run the marked channels only at high speed!!

Tom

And the winner is..........

S.S. Mudshark

In honor of all those I met at the rally and know why that name will fit my boat quite nicely.

Oh Yeah !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mudshark wins it !!!!!!!!!

Should I post the Mudshark link,or keep them guessing ??????????

The Best of the Mudshark Stories.....

Talk about a bad day. While fishing in a cove that had lots of houses close by and a few boats within sight, the ol' mud-shark started barkin'. Bad breath too. No big deal I thought till it crept out and drew a picture in the bottom of my skivees. In panic I hopped up onto the back deck, covered myself with a life-jacket, popped open the livewell lid and dropped ol' muddy right into the port box. Pretty slick I thought till I realized I had no squatwipe. Well, my skivs were ruined anyhow so I used what was left of them. I put a few bullet weights in the skivs, tossed them over the side and gave them a good salute as they sank slowely toward the bottom. While I was digging through a storage box for a minnow net to release ol' muddy I heard a boat pull up. NO KIDDING, it was THE MAN! He asked how I was doin' and I told him I was just "hangin'". He went through the usual routine, life jacket, fishing license, etc.. Then he asked if he could look in my live-well. I stuttered in disbelief that I hadn't caught any fish and said "you don't have to look in there do ya"? He got real suspicious and a little snotty. I took offense to his attitude and said alright, then pointed to the port live- well lid. He opened the lid, stared in for a moment, slammed the lid down, looked up at me and said, "what the HELL is that"? I said "sir, that is a mud-shark. I'll put it on the rule if you want but I'm pretty sure it'll measure". The scowl on his face was PRICELESS! He hopped out of my rig, mumbled that he would write a ticket for that if he could and tore off. Laughing myself to tears I took the minnow net and released ol' muddy over a brush-pile. I "hung out" in the cove for a while longer and went home. That live-well is pretty comfy. I may just have to install a magazine rack in my boat.

A few years ago I was fishing a B.A.S.S. Tournament on Toledo Bend back when you had two Pro's in the boat. Anyway, I drew this guy, we flipped for boats and naturally he won. We met the next morning for the first day of the tournament and he drives up in an old...I mean old Chevy truck (from the 70's) and looked old too and pulling behind him was an old Stratos, turned out he had to borrow it.

Well, we launch and while we're waiting for them to check our live-well and all he states "I gotta go!" My responce to him was "where ya gotta go?" Being naieve has always been my forte'! He then says, "No, I mean I GOTTA GO!" Anyway, we're in flight 3B and they're only on 1B....still a ways before our time and no-where for my partner to do his thing. I mean, think about it, there's several hundred boats waiting to take off and this guys bustin'.

They finally get to us and this guy takes off and goes about 10 miles down the lake. We get to our spot and I'm fortunate enough to put my first fish in the boat on the third cast and this guy states..."I can't wait, I gotta go, NOW!" So he procedes to go to the back of the boat and whip his socks off and from there I turned my head and kept on fishing. Now, he's back there and says, "Hey Dude, I'm fixing to fall in can you help me?" I look back and sure enough his hand is slipping off the cowling and said "Did you hear me?" At that moment "IT" hits the water and the back-splash made its touch to the tushie and he falls back-wards onto....you guessed it and as he's coming up "IT" slides across his face and leaves a mark. I 'bout fell out of the boat laughing so hard. He didn't think it was too funny though.

Needless to say, I didn't fair to well in that tournament. I honestly could not stop laughing about what happened the entire three days of the tournament. It made it impossible for me to constipate, I mean concentrate.

Mudshark Stories Part II.

Acturally it was early morning. While waiting for my partner at the ramp ol'muddy came for a visit. No problem, I think, I can just use the bathroom in the tackle shop. No luck, its still locked even though Fat George's truck is in the parking lot and his yellow lab Brock is wandering around in the parking lot. I quickly duck into the woods and drop the kids off with Brock giving me the eye. Everything goes according to plan and I meet my partner and we get ready to launch. I decide to pick up a couple of snacks and head over to the now open tackle shop. As I round the corner of the building, there is Fat George giving me the full-on TV repairman crack thing while gagging and hosing ol Brock down with the water hose. Seems ol Brock just can't pass up a fresh mudshark and had rolled all in it. I mean he was now a chocolate lab. I still laugh about it everytime I see Fat George and Brock, but I never had the nerve to tell him just who was responsible.

buddy of mine and i went out night fishing on his 5 acre lake near his house. about an hour after we get out there and the mud shark starts burping and he told me it wasn't going to be long until he comes out of hibernation. we kept throwing our black jitterbugs down the bank in hopes of a whopper to hit when all of a sudden he jumps up to the front of the flat bottom jonboat pull down his pants and hangs off the front of the boat and says "oh mother mary glory of god here it comes" about that time i heard the classic plunk sound as it hit the lake. i kept throwing my jitterbug and about 5 minutes later i felt that my jitterbug wasn't running right anymore and was a bit heavier. pulled it closer to the boat when i realized the ole mud shark he just deposited got a little hungry and decided to rub against my jitterbug. the dam thing wouldn't come off the hook so i pull it up out of the water and give it a slap on the water. about that time it flew off the hooks and went directly onto my buddies tackle box. sheww stinky!

Yet another mudshark story...

Happened to a friend of mine while we were out on Lake Cumberland. He suddenly had "the urge" and needed to evacuate pretty badly. He didn't want to head to shore as the banks on Cumberland tend to be pretty steep and loose with the shale. Easy to fall and get cut up. So, he decides to strip off most of his clothes down to his skivvies, don a life vest and take a plunge over the side, with an immersed dump in mind. He gets to the back of the boat and climbs down the swim ladder. He hangs on the ladder and lets fly. No problem- or so it seemed. Apparently old Muddy decided the water was much too cold and wanted to stay warm. He floated up between Mark's back and the life vest and proceeded to get snuggly. The look on Mark's face was priceless. As soon as I knew what had happened, I laughed so hard I couldn't concentrate on fishing anymore. The vest wound up going AWOL as soon as he got it off. I commented on his "tan" and got the one fingered salute.

Still talk about that to this day.

This is true so help me...

I'm not calling any names cause this buddy of mine comes on here now and then, BUT....he's good ole boy from KY. He's a healthy lad of 52 now....6'-1" and weighs in at a modest 285....maybe 300 with a belly like a blue whale...We were fishing on Lake Murray off a long point across from Drehr Island State park....about 6:30 one evening. Now you got to understand this fella has had 2 different surgeries for Hemmoroids in the last 12 years.....and when he says he's got a pain....he means it. He doesn't get much warning!

HE hollers OH LORD...I GOT TO GO....NOOOOWWW!!!!

Well It was August, water warm and so help me not a boat in sight an

Those were from a thread that appeared over on the BFHP maybe a year or so ago..... I laughed so hard that I copied the best and saved them as a .doc!

And, no, I'm not feeking any better. Still feel like crap. But I just seem to have a bit of energy when I first get up. It lasts for about 15 minutes. It's now been 13:42.....

Latest posts

Back