My Son won his unopposed primary election...lol

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Meyer

Reaction score
Well, so far so good! My son won his unopposed primary election for the Republican nomination to the Kane County Board... For the past 90+ years every male member of my family haas held elected office EXCEEPT ME (I be the smart one!) and now my son is in the game... Oh well, you can't always raise them well. I am however proud that he is committed to public service. Congrats Jeff! Now the hard work begins... He has a contested race in November that won't be easy.

Isn't a Republican in Illinois like a member of the 7th Calavary at the Little Big Horn?

fatrap

LOL at Mike... Our County is still about 60% Republican so we are sort of fortunate locally... Jeff's District is about 55% Democrat but he is a very strong candidate against a very weak one... So he has a fair to good chance.

I wish him the best Greg. We still gotta fish the big Miss. Maybe when things calm down for me a bit. Dad died three weeks ago today and I'm the guy who gets to sort things out. I still very much want to learn that water as I have another bud who lives in Iowa City and has a house in Fulton IL within throwing distance of the water.

fatrap

Stay in touch.... I am pretty frazzled for the next few months, myself. Jeff's election is in November and he decided that this was also the year to get married. Neat thing is that the wedding will be on a boat (fake paddlewheeler) on the Fox River May 19. He proposed to her on the Fox River while they were out fishing in my Jon Boat.

Stay in touch about fishing...just have to make time.

Latest posts

Back