My son is officially a Senko fan

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TritonGlenn

Reaction score
Headed to Choke Canyon this morning with D'Artagnan. We got a bit of a late start, but were in the water about a 1/2 hour after sunrise. We started fishing a weedline near the dock with Watermelon / Cream colored Senko's dropping right off the edges and letting them settle in 4' to 6' of water. He boated this one in short time and fished the Senko for the rest of our trip. :)

DArtagnanonChokeCanyon.jpg

After a while, the Senko bite turned off, and I moved across the lake to some other submerged weedbeds. I picked up quite a few more with Swimbaits fished right along the edge of the grassline and a few by swimming right over the top of the submerged stuff where there were semi-submerged timber mixed in.

We had a great time. Can't wait to head back out again.... but it is HOT out there. 1/2 days for right now, especially when my son is with me.

All the best,

Glenn

That is "Officially" cool.. Now teach him when the fish are in a feeding frenzy to toss out that senko and get that rod tip going having that senko just popping around the surface and then wait for the wake and let that senko sink. Wham. Lots O fun.. Sounds like a great time.

Max

Thats what its all about, I see pictures like this and it makes me thankful for the fellas that took time to take me.

Cool pic!!! My son caught a 4lb largemouth bass one summer on a Senko and then that was all he wanted to use the rest of the season....oh well....Try to stay cool out there!!

Max,

I haven't seen fish schooling since I moved to Texas. I wish!

All,

Thanks for the comments.

Tox,

It's not the "normal" watermelon / cream. :) I'm sure you know what I mean. I want more of those, even though I'm still good on stock right now.

Tornado,

I'd say something crass, but you know me, and I know you are right. Takes after his mom. :)

All the best,

Glenn

I'll check my stock or keep you in mind the next order I place. You are not the only one who likes those colors although the folks down here in Florida are not to enamored with them. Mini on the other hand puts them in his cornflakes in the morning...:lol::lol::lol:

TOXIC

Latest posts

Back