my new z9

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muddywater

Reaction score
new member as of today..... just bought my first new boat 3 weeks ago. purchased a z9 250 pro xs 12 ft talons and new humminbird electronics. this is not my first nitro. I was the proud owner of a 05 929 cdx dc. it was the best boat I've ever owned.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Man ole man, that boat costs as much as my house but looks whole LOT better and with twin power poles too. Cool looking boat in my color of blue.

Very sweet looking rig. I bought one Sept 2013 in a color pretty close to that. Hope you enjoy it as much as we have ours. Great ride, and still has more room then I know what to do with.

Why in the world would you buy a boat like that (lol) ;). Very nice ride to be proud of, Enjoy! :D Welcome to the site.

Wow that is gorgeous! I was considering a center console, but now y'all have me turned onto Nitro's!

Beautiful; boat. Remember, "I spent most of my money on boats, guns, hunting and fishing.... the rest I wasted!"; is my motto.

new member as of today..... just bought my first new boat 3 weeks ago. purchased a z9 250 pro xs 12 ft talons and new humminbird electronics. this is not my first nitro. I was the proud owner of a 05 929 cdx dc. it was the best boat I've ever owned. View attachment 310View attachment 311
Wow I have the same boat as far as color scheme , 2015 with dual console ...any problems ? I've had numerous ones....

Finally got all problems solved....I didn't list any details in my previous post but here'sthe story.....once I got the motor broke and ran it too see what she'd do ...it chine walked so bad I was unable to see what the top speed was....it was horrible.....and my gas gauge stopped working , temp wasn't reading on the console HDS9 and I couldn't unplug the trolling motor. So back to Bass Pro in San Antonio I took it..they just shrugged their shoulders on the chine walk problem ...didn't fix anything ...nothing at all and gave it back to me....covered in road grime from driving it thru a rainstorm when they took it for a test run...my new boat ...Nasty , dirty...it took me awhile to calm down from that ...and an hour and a half to clean it.....so I took it to Tracker in New Braunsfels ...they just shrugged their shoulders on the chine walk issue....told me they would have to lower the motor to its next set of mounting holes and that would help the chine walk ....WOW...that was an amazing bit of troubleshooting cause the motor has a Manual Jackplate.....they told me my HDS9 transducer wasn't the type that read water temp so they would have to run a new external transducer and mount it to the transome to solve my water temp issue.....drill holes in my brand new boat ???? No Way.....they did fix the trolling motor plug and replaced the sending unit in the gas tank to fix the gas guage problem ......but didn't bother checking it to see if that actually was the problem...got it back and it still didn't read ....back to Tracker again ....it turned out to be the dash gauge that was the issue so they fixed it the second time ....So here it is months later and everything is working fine because half of the issues I fixed myself ....the chine walking problem .....raised the motor an inch higher than it was set when I picked it up ....chine walk gone ....did some research on the HDS9 ...it was a matter of setup ...click , click , click on the screen and my water temp reads now ....Now my boat is perfect and I love it ....awesome boat ....75.2 mph GPS with a 25p Tempest Plus at 6000 rpms ...going to try a 26p to get it down to 5800 and maybe I'll get a little more out of her.
Nitro's are good boats ...the problem is they come from the factory set up wrong....and taking them to Tracker is a waste of time....Tracker is set up wrong as a service center....they have highly qualified technicians ...but none of them are an expert at any one type of boat....they need at least one tech who specializes in Bass Boats, one for Pontoon Boats and one for Fish and Ski and they'd provide a lot better Service in my opinion ....I picked up my boat March 7th finally got everything right in November and Tracker had my boat a total of 13 weeks ....right thru the spring and summer....over 3 months I was without my brand new boat ....But....this I can say was partly my fault...I guess....I work out of town ..gone 30 days at a time then home for 10 days then gone again....I made the mistake of letting Tracker know my schedule so both Service centers I took the boat to waited 27 days-- 3 days before I was to be back in town..to start work on it...this happened all 3 times I took it in.....I hope this info helps anybody looking to buy a new Nitro ....they are awesome boats ....once you get them set up right.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back