My MotorGuide trolling motor pull cord broke...

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GHPhotography

Reaction score
Bought a replacement steel cord made by G Force at Academy yesterday for $29.99 and shouldn't ever have to replace that cable again. Worth the money and was very easy to intall. Watched a video on installing it on youtube and the guy stepped through the installation. 15 minute job.

Just a little word of caution and why I continue to use the old fashioned cord. A well respected TM repair shop owner told me that there are certain parts of a TM that are designed to fail. If you change that dynamic, other parts fail instead.... and those parts may be more expensive to replace/repair. And I am one who has gone elbows over arse when my rope broke. :p You also need to make sure that your TM is properly bolted down with no twist or binding. You can also step lightly on the TM mount to release any pressure on the pin. I know guys have been using coated cable for pull rope for a long time and just wanted to give you another perspective.

Latest posts

Back