My first ride in the Triton

• Thread starter Teri C. [IMG]http://www.zjstech.net/~library/8544/
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teri C.

Reaction score
I picked up the the Triton on Saturday (9 hours round trip)and I am VERY pleased with it. It looks brand new!!! Not a scratch on it. Kills me to know its going to live outside instead of in a covered garage.

I took it out on Sunday. Man does the Yamaha start easy. The Mercury I had was a pain to start (maybe operator error, who knows). Even after the Merc had been running, when you shut it down to fish and then start it to move, it never wanted to fire up. The Yamaha fired right up every time. It was so nice!! Throttle is much more sensitive on this boat than the Nitro. I'll have to be careful with that.

I really think I got a good deal. I think the guy was almost wanting to keep it but a deal is a deal. Hopefully this one will last a long time (or until something new hits the market. Ha!)
triton_rig.jpg

Now I know why she wanted the Toon.....

The wheels match her SUV!

Nice boat, Teri!

Good catch ME! i never even noticed that.

I want my boats wheels to match my trucks wheels :(

Teri - With all the discussion around building/expanding a garage, this new Triton won't fit either??

Time to move down the block!!! LOL

Teri, Triton's look fast just sitting on the trailer so I bet she got up and went on the water. Did you experience any chine walk?

P.S.

Teri, I don't recall if you ever mentioned whether your Yamaha was carbureted or fuel injected..... My guess is, since it starts immediately, it's fuel injected. Mercury's that are fuel injected also start first time every time. Carbureted motors are just difficult starting by nature no matter what the manufacturer.

Geeze...you guys and all your techy questions....I just bought it cuz it's sparkley.

I believe it's a carbureted motor as I have to pump the ball before starting. Not sure how to tell other than that.

I am not sure I know what chine walking is other than side to side movement. I didn't experience any of that but I was a bit uncomfortable bringing it to plane by jamming the throttle down. The front end went much higher out of the water than the Nitro did. I thought I was trimmed too high but I was almost most all the way down. I tried different starting points with the trim but never found the right one. Felt like I was going from level to standing straight up then back to level. What was I doing wrong?

The trolling motor needed a new plug so I had to replace the plug and the recepticle. That was fairly simple but had a hard time getting the wires tightly connected to the plug. See, girls can fix things! :)

"Pump the ball" in the fuel line?

You have to do that with all motors.

Does this one have a choke? If you have to choke it - like when you pushed your key in while starting the Mercury - then it's carbureted. Fuel injection doesn't have a choke.

"I just bought it cuz it's sparkley"

If "sparkley" was what you wanted..... You coulda got yourself a drag queen for free! Just give him room and board and he'll even cook and clean for ya! :)

Ahem.....just a fyi, you shouldn't have to pump the bulb unless it has been sitting for a while. I have only done it once and that was when I dumped my water seperator. I never pump the bulb and mine is an efi.

Nice looking ride.

TOXIC

OK.... It's carbureted!

Try trimming the motor all the way under when you start and just ease back on it as you approach plane.

Also, although you don't want to slam the throttle forward, you do want to do it fairly rapidly. Then back off as the boat comes on plane.

I said I wanted "sparkles" not "flamers".

P.S. The above statement is intended as a joke and does not necessarily reflect the views of NTOWS and it's members.

Teri!,

Good one, anyway, I just thought of a great name for your boat, especially with the BENZ in tow.

how about "BLING-BLING"

Teri, the the motor has a sticker that says ox66 or hpdi on it then its fuel injected for sure. If not its most likley a carb motor.

Generally when taking of you want the motor trimmed as low as it will go then gas it. Every boat is a little different on how much gas it needs. My 882 i have to hammer it wide open and it just pops on plane very quickly. My buddies triton is the same way, if he dosent hammer it wide open trimmed all the way down it goes way nose up.

CLJ, I actually thought of "SS BLING" but that's really not my style. I do have some nice things but I am just a 'bumpkin' at heart.

For all you "tow" doubters out there, I can say that the Benz does a heck of a job towing. No complaints!

See, Jim! We CAN agree on some things! LOL!! :)

How about we shake hands and agree that Bose makes damn fine speakers?!!? :)

A gold sparkly triton towed by a benz. I say SS Bling is definitely your style!

Rich D

Ok, so you're at the boat ramp and I pull up for the tournament with a gold sparkly Triton towed by a Benz....what is your first thought or impression?

And then I whip your hiney in a bass tournament and I am very nice to you at the weigh in....do your thoughts about me change?

Trust me, I had trouble when I pulled the Nitro with the Benz.

Great looking boat Teri, glad you like it. I would be very impressed if I saw you pull up to the ramp and saw you launch your boat. My wife couldn't tow a boat in a straight line much less tow it and launch it. To me its only about fishing, all the other stuff is personal prefrence. Boats and cars don't catch fish.

Nice boat Teri.....you climb out of that Benz sporting a Marlboro racing outfit, get a look at their face, no get some pictures of the look on their faces before the tourament starts. LOL "Team Marlboro"

Marvin

I like that idea Marvin! Teri got order some AMG badges for the Benz so when you pull up in the racing outfit they THINK you've got a 150mph SUV!!!!

Teri,

Nice boat! Congrats!

Hope you have fun with it!

Congrats also on being the first(albeit new to the state)

person in Tennessee to pull a Triton with a Benz. We just ain't used to seein' that 'round these parts, y'all. don't be surprised if you see jaws dropping and finger pointing as you drive by! LOL

Tom

The truth is hard work doesn't pay off. I took my Grandma's Benz after stashing her away in the nursing home and I gave away rights to my first born to get the Triton.....where there's a will there's a way!

Nice Boat Teri. I have already seen the Benz......JR

The boat shall forever be nameless.

Top recommendations:

SS Mudshark

SS Bling

First thought is nice boat.

Second thought is 'da babe wid da benz and da bling can fish!

Besides, who cares what people think!

ME! Absolutly, no hard feelings here.

Speaking of Bose, i know your a car person. Check out this link. Something the company has been working on for years. I have seen the car in action and ridden in it. This is going to be an unbelievable product.

http://www.bose.com/controller;jsessionid=CjXgyRvpvhDhyG4RQnZBGmPl4K20C0v2SsjBrT3Jj3bq38VMTD3h!-130346605!231498124?event=VIEW_STATIC_PAGE_EVENT&url=/learning/project_sound/bose_suspension.jsp&pageName=/automotive/index.jsp

Teri...

Nice, very nice looking setup... colors go well...

Just swap that "three pointy thing" for some Ford Emblems and F-150 stickers and the rig would be perfect!!! LOL!

Course... now all I hear in my head is Janis, singing..."my Mercedes Benz..."

OK..... So I'll show my ignorance..... What's the meaning of "Bling"?

Latest posts

Back