Musky fishing

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg. Avery

Reaction score
Mini where can I launch on St.Clair will be coming from Waterford on M- 59 ? My kid wants me to take him Musky fishing & we have never done it before :wacko: so I know St.C would be a good place to go but once there I have no idea where to start . Come on gang need info on how to & where to. Me I would rather be BASS fishing but he wants to try Musky one time.:blink: We will be trolling.

Never fished St clair, but the thousands islands yes, we caught muskies and big pike, on 1/2oz and 3/4 oz hair lead head jigs, fished deep, also trolling with 7-12" deep divin jerkbaits or big spoons and Mepps around weed drop-offs ect.

I don't think Musky season is open until June sometime!!:huh:

After the season's open, launch at the end of Hall Rd. (M-59) at Selfridge ANG base.

Mac thats what I thought but it has been 30yrs.+ since I fished St.C & was not sure. Now how do I catch them :rolleyes:;):) We (He) is looking at the end of June. Thanks

...I catch muskies by accident...don't profess to be a musky angler at all!! LOL Take all your Musky questions to the Lk.St.Clair board and direct them to "Musky Bob Sr."....(aka Bob Brunner)...fishing Hall of Fame inductee and he's been fishing Clair for 70+ years!! (yeah, he's in his 80's!!) He's forgotten more about Clair and Muskies that most of us will EVER know!! But I will tellya this,......he'll want you casting "Brunner Runner" spinners and 1 oz. Brass Redeyes.....everything you'll need is available at KD Outdoors and BPS.

Mac

http://www.lakestclair.net

Mac thanks & I stop in your place often ;) some day I will have to look for you.

I am not a Musky expert by anymeans,but did get a monster saturday at our 1st ABA bass tourney of the year.Fish was 43-45" long,weight was about 25-30 and was absolutely the strongest thing I have ever hooked and actually got into the boat.And then it went WACKO!!:wacko::wacko:,I felt like we were in a tag team event,and the fish was going to thro us out of the boat,after it was out of the boat and everything was calm,it was a pleasureable experience,but once was enough for me thankyou. The lake was 3-mile by Afton Iowa,and was caught on 1/2 oz jig(junebug) and no11 pork(black/blue)several others were caught that day by bass anglers.

Latest posts

Back