Mounting a ladder on a Pro-Team 175 TXW

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tommy Lindsay

Reaction score
I have a 2010 Pro-Team 175 TXW, I want to add a boarding ladder. The way the boat is built I do not see how I can get inside the hull outside of the fuel tank area. My understanding is that those voids are full of expanding foam.

How can you get back there to mount it? I aint no littl'un and want the security of a bolt-through mounting.

Thanks

Good question AND yes those areas around the tank are filled with foam:huh:

Custer - your only option may be to lift the deck if you want through hull bolts. That said, I'm guessing you want to put a ladder on the transom, right? That area should be somewhat accessible. If not, I wouldn't that concerned about using stainless screws of sufficient diameter. I had a ladder on my 2002 PT 175 that was mounted with screws and it lasted the full five years (plus) that I had the boat. See pic below. Went to the new owner without any issues. I also mounted a similar ladder on my G3 aluminum boat and four years later, its still rock solid. My fishing partner (and neighbor) uses it every now and then and he's no small guy either! Never been an issue.

DSCN1034A.jpg

Latest posts

Back