Moors Resort for May 19-20

• Thread starter Greg Meyer [URL]www.moorsresort.com[/URL]
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Meyer

Reaction score
Okay, I have asked for the Moors to hold 12 Lodge rooms and 4 cabins for us for a couple of weeks till we can get organized. The usual deposit is one night and I will also get the to agree to a cancellation date for us around the first of the year without penalty if you come up with a scheduling problem. Right now, without negotiating a better rate, the Lodge rooms are $72 plus tax a night. Cabins are $79 for one bedroom cabins and 99-105 for two bedroom cabins... three bedrooms are 189-193 all plus tax. Twio bedroom cabins are the best deal.

I need some folks to say they are ready to step up to the plate and make a reservation "now" to convince them we are serious. In the past, we have had a great response from the resort.

Neely, my daughter (21yrs old and maybe her boyfriend) will be with me... so we will need at least a three and maybe the four... what do you think?

Email me if you would definitely be willing to make a reservation now, if I can get you a cancellation for any reason up to January without a penalty. [email protected]
www.moorsresort.com

I am guessing I will take a cabin but I can't commit to a 1 or 2 bedroom. Depends on who's coming with me or if Mini is shacking up with me. :wub:

Still waiting to figure something out Greg so I need another day or two. The cabins look good

but they seem a nice walk to the lodge. If the Lodge is where everything will be going on in the evenings then I'd just as soon have a room in the lodge. And the rooms are cheaper and have maid service where the cabins only supply clean towels.

Can anybody that's been there give any of us that haven't, the heads up on the place?

Plus I have to wait to find out what Bruce's schedule is and if he sells his boat or not. For that matter Bruce has to wait too:D When Bruce finds out and tells me Greg, I'll call the Moors and reserve whatever Bruce and I want.

Uncle Billy

I cannot make the get together, but wanted to chime in about the Moors. My family stayed there last summer for 4 days and I cannot say enough good things about the resort. We stayed in the lodge because it was the only thing available on the last minute we scheduled it. Seems like the four days we were there happened to be smack in between a FLW tournament out of the Moors and an Elite 50 the following week. Every morning at the ramp it was wrapped boats as far as you could see. Everyone and I mean every bass pro I have ever heard of was either staying at the Moors or launching there in the morning. Pretty cool ,but probably thought I was stalking them after a couple of days. Sorry, but I got side-tracked.

Back to the Moors. Great resort with everythig you need on site. Marina (with reasonable gas $), good diner/gifts, rental slips or plenty of parking for trailers, etc. It might look too spread out on paper, but not that bad in reality. The lodge is not that far from the various cabins so I don't think the walk was that bad. In case you want to go into town it is not really that far to drive for food/dinner. There might even be a small Bass Pro Outlet in town. It seemed to be just opening up when we were there. We will definately go back there in the future.

PS: I caught a number of 3-4lb largemouth bass in the cove behind the marina surrounded by the resort. I think this is where they release their tournament fish. For the summer pattern Denny Brauer had a ledge picked out about 200 yards out of the marina cove that he would sit on for hours, but probably not the place to be in May.