Mini - Please recommend an All Star.....

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Staci Matheis

Reaction score
Trigger

6' to 6'6"

Throwing 1/8 oz SB's, 1/8 T-rigged 4" worms, Senkos and flukes.

Mounting a Curado 101 with 6# line.

I bought an inexpensive Abu Garcia rod last fall and mounted the Curado with 6# line; I was getting tired of all the wind knots I kept getting while throwing spinnerbaits with a light action spinning rod for white bass. I loved the result! My next rod purchase will be a quality rod to fill this purpose.

me!

Scott,

I had a nice long response that I couldnt post due to my Zone Alrm shutting off my internet access......makes me mad when that happens......

But how much do you want to spend? Titaniums are roughly $199.95 depending on model. T Series are around $139.95, again depending on model. IM10X is a little bit cheaper (inexpensive) and it goes down form there to the Elite and then Classic Series.

I would recommend a AST783C (Titanium Series 78" long 3 power Casting). I use spinning gear for those purposes to avoid the wind problems, AST783S, same rod but in spinning. The new T Series rods will work great too, and save you some money.

Let me know what your budget is, and I can get you closer to what you are looking for.

Mini

AST785C,.......absolutely PERFECT rod for that!!! just my .02 anyway....

Mac

BTW,..That's an AllStar Titanium casting rod,...6'6" 5 Power (med-med/hvy).....it's SWEEEET!!!!!

5 power might be too heavy for the little itty bitty spinnerbaits he uses....not to mention he is not that big either Mac....lol

Mini

BTW Scott,

My territory is Michigan, Ohio and Indiana. I work with the rep group (Brown and Assiociates) that covers Kansas, Illinois, Iowa, Missouri and Nebraska.

The rod labelling is similar to what alot of top line rod makers use.

The first few letters are for the rod series.

The next numbers are the length in inches of the blank and then the power of the rod.

The next letter(s) are for a special purpose designation and/or casting or spinning.

For instance: AST783C is a Titanium 78" long 3 power casting rod.

Hope that helps!

Mini

That's true,...but in his defense,.....even little people catch big fish once in a while.....and a 5 power rod isn't THAT heavy anyway.....it's deffinetely NOT a Pool Q!! i really like the one i have!! Atleast with a 5 power he can use it for other baits aswell....especially 1/4oz jigs and 6" T/Rig'd worms!! just an option.....Mini's the All Star guru,....I just have a feeling you'd like the 5 power too!!

(Buy BOTH!!)..LOL

I know he would like the 5 power, but I like it for a little heavier baits....

Mini

OK! OK! Enough of this "little guy" stuff!!

Mini - I'm looking for something in the low-$100 range. Which series should I go with?

Mac - This will only be used for lighter baits. I already have other rods for heavier stuff.

Scott,

Man I thought I responded to this already?/

Anyway, the IM10X TWS 783C (Topwater Special) will do you just fine. It is in the BPS 2002 Master Catalog, item number 108-290-00.

Mini

I know you said "All Star", personally I use a GLoomis 722 (any series, I use the GL2) for this pourpose.

It also doubles nicely for a grub rod.

Thanks for the double answer, Mini!

Yeah, you did answer it once before..... But all this back and forth between you and Mac had me all confused and I couldn't figure out what the heck I was supposed to be getting so I figured I should had oughta better ask again and make sure I had it all straight in my head before I went out and spent 199 buxs on 5 power when I shoulda spent 139 buxs on a 3 power or 139 buxs on a 5 power when I shoulda gotten the 3 power for 199 buxs or got the wrong length or..... You know what I mean!

Thanks again, Mini!

And Mac, too!

me!

P.S. I now have the TWS783C marked in my catalog. I'll be picking on up some time in the near future!

The TWS783C listed in the BPS Master catalog is an IM10X rod (99.95, item number 108-290-00), the TWS is a Classic (79.99, item number 108-109-00), the Titanium is AST783C (199.95, item number 108-340-00).

Choose wisely....lol. If you can afford it go with the Titanium.....ultimate in lightness, sensitivity. All three have a lifetime replacement warranty. If you purchase from a BPS Outdoor World you can exchange it over the counter. All other purchases must be sent to the factory, either way....send in the warranty card that comes on the rod.

Get ready to sell all your other rods....you will want all your sticks to be All Stars.

Mini

Well..... Matbe we can work something out to upgrade everything..... Do you take trade-ins? :^)

We'll just take it one-rod-at-a-time! I had marked the IM10X; it fits my wallet.

When I was there this weekend, the BPS here in St. Louis didn't have any this weight in stock. I may wait until the Spring Classic in Springfield..... Maybe I can get Mac to draw a characture of you on the handle!

me!

Scott,

Since you are so confused, remember to send it to Rich Dollish, Pittsburgh Pa....

Rich D

I'm ALWAYS confused, Rich!

Now what was it that you wanted me to send.....

God, please grant me

The Serenity to accept the tackle that I cannot afford to change;

The Courage to change tackle when I can; and

The Wisdom to know the difference!

Halleluia! Halleluia! Halleluia!

Brothers Mini, Mac and Rich!

I have seen the Light Tackle!

Let there be 6# line and 1/8th ounce baits for all!

Halleluia!!!!

But cast lightly and carry a medium light stick.....

:)

Scott, I dont know if there is enough room on a telephone pole for a cartoon version of me, let alone a premium Portugese cork handle....lol

Mini

One last question, Mini.....

Does BPS - Springfield carry the T-series?

For the few extra buxs, I may step up one notch.

me!

As far as I know the T-Sereis rods are not being carried by Bass Pro Shops......YET.

I know that the shooters at All Star are working diligently on that, and iin my opinion, BPS would do great business with them.

Mini

Latest posts

Back