Middle seat removal

• Thread starter Travis Blankenship
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Travis Blankenship

Reaction score
I've been thinking about taking the middle seat out of my 05 882. There is only 2 of us fishing out of the boat most of the time so I figured I would take the seat out. That way my wife has a step to get to the back and she won't use the seat to walk back there(I hate it when she does that). How do you take the middle seat out of my boat? Also is it carpeted underneath the middle? Any help would be great. Thanks

Yours is a lot newer than mine. There's a storage space underneath the row of seats. I was able to just flip it up and unbolt the seat from underneath...assuming yours isn't that simple?

I wish it was that simple. My 2 outside seats flip up but the bottom stays there. Not sure how to unbolt it. Don't know if I have to take livewell out to get to the screws or what

Try pulling the bottom cushion from back to front in a tilting motion by putting your fingers down between the seat and the back cushions and it will probably tilt forward, then you can unscrew it. You'll probably find a fuel tank under there.

I have a 05 750 and to remove my middle seat there were four bolts under it that I could reach. There is a plastic bracket that could also be removed after the seat was removed. To remove it the other two seat had to be tipped forward. I reinforced the plastic bracket so it could be used as a step and left the seat back in place. This way if my grand kids come fishing with me I just set the middle seat back in place.

Is there any way you can have a piece of aluminum bent up to form a step that covers the middle seat? If you can make something up out of cardboard and tape it together that works, it can be opened up, traced on a sheet of 1/8" aluminum and the bent into the shape you need. A little powdercoating and some adhesive grip tape and you're done!

Hope this helps you!

Steve

I've been thinking about taking the middle seat out of my 05 882. There is only 2 of us fishing out of the boat most of the time so I figured I would take the seat out. That way my wife has a step to get to the back and she won't use the seat to walk back there(I hate it when she does that). How do you take the middle seat out of my boat? Also is it carpeted underneath the middle? Any help would be great. Thanks

Did you ever get a definite answer? I'm wanting to do the same thing to my 882. I do know for a fact that the seat doesn't pull, fold or swivel. I am hoping it is bolted down, I just need to know where to access the bolts. I'd look, but the boat is laid up for the winter and it is an hour drive for me to get to it.

Just helped a friend with his 482, reached under the driver and pass seat storage compartment, one nut on each side....if it is the same.

On my 901 I'm able to just pull the part of the seat you sit on put by just reaching in deep and pulling forward. To remove the back rest there are two bolts from what I can see. How I know this is I've been running the boat for a season without the portion of the seat that is easily removed and due to this the back rest has now come loose. Once the warm weather comes I believe I will be able to access the bolts via livewell compartments. Your boat might be the same. Check to see if you have bolts via the livewell compartments.

Latest posts

Back