Mercmonitor

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark barton

Reaction score
Does anyone have a Mercmonitor and is it worth the money? I found one on ebay for $329 and wondering if anyone has an idea on approximate cost to install?

I have 2 MercMonitors. One on my bass boat and one on the pontoon boat. Each has the Mercury 60hp 4 stroke on it. To me is well worth the 700 I gave for each as a kit with the BBC discount from European Marine by Don Weed. I bought a Level 2 kit which is overboard for my Merc's HOWEVER if I ever decided to sell it (not likely) OR if I got a bigger Mercury (more likely) then that motor would be covered in the extra functions it covers.

Now here's the caution. Are you ONLY getting the Mercmonitor for that price? If so, then you're gonna need more. What engine are you wanting to pair it with? You'll have to do a master reset of this gauge, so it will take info from your motor its being hooked to via the data cable you also need for it to function. If that gauge fogs up or gets water in it, there's no fix for it but there MIGHT be somebody out there that can do a factory refurbish on them but I don't know of any and haven't heard of any.

Also is your outboard smartcraft ready? IF you have any questions about this - I would call Don Weed at European Marine by giving him your mtoor's SN and the info about this mercmonitor. Myself, I'd buy new. Too many variables to be buying used stuff like that. Be SURE that ebay'r has 100% rating or at least 99.9%. Also know what level of Mercmonitor this is. Depending on your motor, you'd also need some digital addon's to get the additional readout's, that adds up to more money.

For me, its worth it to know exactly what my motors doing, oil temp, rpm, fuel used per hour at any given rpm, etc. Mine does not give me engine trim info as bigger motors are capable of with a digital trim sensor installed (needed a 75 or up to get that). Good luck.

I have 2 MercMonitors. One on my bass boat and one on the pontoon boat. Each has the Mercury 60hp 4 stroke on it. To me is well worth the 700 I gave for each as a kit with the BBC discount from European Marine by Don Weed. I bought a Level 2 kit which is overboard for my Merc's HOWEVER if I ever decided to sell it (not likely) OR if I got a bigger Mercury (more likely) then that motor would be covered in the extra functions it covers.

Now here's the caution. Are you ONLY getting the Mercmonitor for that price? If so, then you're gonna need more. What engine are you wanting to pair it with? You'll have to do a master reset of this gauge, so it will take info from your motor its being hooked to via the data cable you also need for it to function. If that gauge fogs up or gets water in it, there's no fix for it but there MIGHT be somebody out there that can do a factory refurbish on them but I don't know of any and haven't heard of any.

Also is your outboard smartcraft ready? IF you have any questions about this - I would call Don Weed at European Marine by giving him your mtoor's SN and the info about this mercmonitor. Myself, I'd buy new. Too many variables to be buying used stuff like that. Be SURE that ebay'r has 100% rating or at least 99.9%. Also know what level of Mercmonitor this is. Depending on your motor, you'd also need some digital addon's to get the additional readout's, that adds up to more money.

For me, its worth it to know exactly what my motors doing, oil temp, rpm, fuel used per hour at any given rpm, etc. Mine does not give me engine trim info as bigger motors are capable of with a digital trim sensor installed (needed a 75 or up to get that). Good luck.
I have a 2014 optimax pro xs so it is smart craft ready. The unit is new and has all the equipment and the seller is offshore performance performance with a 99.7% rating.

Yep, I see now http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Mercury..._Accessories_Gear&hash=item27ecd7c812&vxp=mtr

This one does NOT have the can data harness included.

That's a good buy, only thing you'll need is the data cable going from the motor to the gauge. Doesn't say what level Mercmonitor it is. The data cable you'll need will run about $75. It'll have the terminator on the motor end. That seller has only 1 negative review and it was early on during his start, so I'd say no worries at all.

The other one he does have the 20ft can data harness you need included. http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Mercury..._Accessories_Gear&hash=item27ee6d9872&vxp=mtr

Thanks for the heads up, would have been unhappy if I order and didn't have everything needed

Latest posts

Back