Merc Xr6 150 Stalls When Put In Gear

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ghostrydor

Reaction score
I'm at a loss here and would appreciate any help I can get. Last week I put my boat 05 Nitro nx882 in the water and started out to a fishing hole when the engine started acting rough and eventually stalled. I was able to restart it and idle with no issues but when I put in gear it stalled again.
I rebuilt the fuel pump, changed fuel filter and primer bulb. Any other advice would be grateful.

How long has it been since you changed the spark plugs? My XR6, suddenly, started acting up in a similar fashion and a plug change cleared it up. Simple sounding fix, I know, but one day the motor is running fine, then the next it stalls.

How long has it been since you changed the spark plugs? My XR6, suddenly, started acting up in a similar fashion and a plug change cleared it up. Simple sounding fix, I know, but one day the motor is running fine, then the next it stalls.
Completed a compression check on all cylinders which were all above 125. Pulled the old plugs out which were oily at the ends and replaced with new plugs. Put the boat back in the water and same thing happens.....

Latest posts

Back