May be getting a boat next year

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim Corson

Reaction score
Went to my local Nitro/Tracker dealer the other day to pick up some tackle and saw a new Tracker Pro Team 175 TXW. It was Red and gorgeous. Has a 60 HP 4 stroke Merc on it. The front deck area is huge. My NX882 was nice but this all welded aluminum boat would be perfect for the wife & I. We both really miss the 882 and having our own boat. The price range is about right too. Don't need the 190 TX. The 175 is 17'7" long, my 882 was only 18'2" long. Has anyone got the 175 TXW or the 175 TF? And likes and dislikes please. By the time i get it, there will be changes made anyways, but trying to get feedback. Thanks, Jim

I just joined but tracker's customer service has been a nightmare for me. Love the boat so far but can't get anything done and it's stupid stuff. I'll never buy another because of it but I'm sure you'll find lots more saying good things than bad. You can't beat there prices! Good luck.

I can't speak for the PT 175, but I have a PT185 that is in it's 11th season and so far, ZERO issues. Sure, some people have issues from time to time, some more serious than others, but for the money, you can't beat a Tracker.

Good luck

I had one and I enjoyed it very much. It is a fully functional bass boat. The big difference is that aluminium is lighter so it is easy to tow and performs well with a smaller engine. But when the wind picks up it get blown away more easily. It is also more sensitive to electric motor commands (done my share of slow 360s).

Cheers

Marc

I have a 1993 TX Tournament 17 with a 40hp Evinrude. I've owned to boat for the last 15 years. Never any major problems.

Carpet is a bit worn but that is about it.

No complaints.

I've owned Tracker and Nitro since the early 90's. I have had small issues as I think most people do. Now I am retired and sell them for a living. I personally think they are the best value on the market. The best bang for your buck.There are some guys on this site that will disagree with that but I would bet you that there are far more that have great service from there boat than have issues. Most guys that have good service don't say much but the ones that have issues squall the loudest. And that is not just this website but alot of other forums. The bestest thing in buying a boat is fine a dealer YOU are happy with. Check with your buddies and see where they have bought and the kind of dealer service they get. Thats what a boat purchase is all about. Anybody with question feel free to drop me a line. Thanks, Rich

I am still fishing club tournaments out of a 1984 Tournament TX and it doesn't leak a drop.

I fished a tournament last year out of a 175TXW and liked it a lot. I would not hesitate to buy one if I didn't have plans to buy a Nitro Z6 next spring.

I had a 93 Nitro. Excellent boat. I have a 07 Tundra see my post about carpet.

fatrap

Bought a 2012 175 TF a few months ago and I have been completely satisfied with it. Went with the TF over the TXW mainly for the seating options and coastal edition package. Like others have said it is very light which is great for towing but it can be a little aggravating in high wind. Best to go with a trolling motor upgrade because the wind will push you around a lot and the stock trolling motor struggles. If you go into the purchase knowing these things I think you will be more than happy with the TXW.

I have a 2006 175 in the blue color I love mine. I fish 3 days a week so it gets used. Only issuse I have is the battery compartment is very small. I would buy another.

I bought a 2011 175 TXW and it has exceeded all my expectations. I fish two days a week on average. This boat has proven itself repeatedly. The most appreciated thing is not getting my feelings hurt when I pull away from the gas pump. :D

Latest posts

Back