Maverick or more of the same?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim C

Reaction score
Answer this. How can McCain call himself a maverick and different from the mainstream GOP when he wanted Lieberman as VP, and had to settle for Palin because a dispute with Rove and the same insiders that run the Bush administration? As reported on the fair and balanced Fox news, McCain wanted Lieberman, Rove wanted Romney. McCain countered with Ridge. They settled on Palin. If the man cannot even make such an important decision of his own VP without the influence fo the current insiders who drive the failed Bush presidency, how can he make his own decisions about our future as a country without the influence of the people who have taken it to one of it's lowest points?

And when you peel back the onion, there will be a similar story re: Obamanation [I loved that when I saw it] and Smirking Joe Biden. You will find this kind of political ticket negotiation throughout history. It has little to do with an individual's decision-making ability. I'm not sure America is at its lowest point. I cite as a few examples our pitiful National performance in our own Revolution, our equally pitiful National performance in Revolution II [AKA the War of 1812], and our entire historical debacle leading up to, during, and after the Civil War--all worse than the last 8 years. And for one more example, I find little in our Nation's history lower than the expensive, highly visible, and deceitful Clinton scandal and the pasture patties the schmuck forced our country to endure with his lies.

Terroreyes,

Its similar to Joe Biden and both Clintons saying on several occasions (before all the Primaries) that Obama was NOT qualified to be Pres. Now, a few months later, they say he is very qualified???

By the people that influenced taking our country to its lowest point you must be referring to the current Demo congress with the lowest approval rating in history. (Even lower than than the Pres.)

As far as making important decisions, nearly 130 times in state legislature Obama was unable to make a yes or no decision . He simply voted "present."

DH

Can I just say that this topic and few others that have been posted recently are not why I enjoy this site. Banter like this may be better served some where else.

Just my two cents.

HP

HP, I agree 100%. Terroreyes one thing for sure, if anyone was undecided you sure helped. I believe now you must be for McCain, because you sure helped his cause.Everyday you post info on Obama, that cannot be backed up. It's good to know you and I are on the same team.

Bubby:)

Terroeyes your....

BeatDeadHorse.gif

You don't like McCain we get it.... Move along....

Mr. Chairman, delegates, and fellow citizens: I am honored to be considered for the nomination for Vice President of the United States ...

I accept the call to help our nominee for president to serve and defend America.

I accept the challenge of a tough fight in this election ... against confident opponents ... at a crucial hour for our country.

And I accept the privilege of serving with a man who has come through much harder missions ... and met far graver challenges ... and knows how tough fights are won

"Can I just say that this topic and few others that have been posted recently are not why I enjoy this site. Banter like this may be better served some where else."

Some times on these type forums the same old and repetitive "what rod?" or "what bait?" or "what prop?" posts get a little boring. Add to that the socialization that occurs on these forums and threads often shift to less directly relevent issues.

There are two solutions--first, members can avoid threads that don't interest them [:)], or second, the administrators can simply go in and remove the irrelevent threads thereby keeping the members on topic [:(].

Can we give the politics a break and FISH!!!!!! There is enough of that crap on the news.

I hate to be rude, but Mr. Terror Eyes dont you get it!!!

Maybee your just a terd stirrer and dont deserve the replies.

Jaws

Barry the community organizer said last weekend he "thought" about joining the military.

"And I actually always thought of the military as an ennobling and, you know, honourable option. But keep in mind that I graduated in 1979. The Vietnam War had come to an end. We weren't engaged in an active military conflict at that point. And so, it's not an option that I ever decided to pursue."

He's getting more desperate by the day.

I thought about buying Mac a new boat too. :lol::lol: How about a new topic heading for politics instead of general or off-topic?

Gene

I said THOUGHT!!! :cool::D

Probably longer than Obama thought about the military too. LOL

Gene

LOL!!! Can you imagine him taking the beatings and tortures that JM took for 5 years from the VC?? OMG...He would've been screeeaammming for Jane Fonda's help after 3 days!!

Marty and others, I agree, some people need a hobby. I think I will vote to fish.

I also vote to fish. Can I take Sarah Palin with me? She probably would out fish me....My 5 year old did last month.

TEE- I think it is more like talking out of both ends!!:lol::lol:

I do not think someone should be able to start a thread and then not participate in the discussion. I would think that continued "drive by" postings just to stir the pot would result in a ban of the offending party.

Do I hear a 2nd? I yield the floor.

TOXIC

As I have said on similar therads... 1) You don't like politoical threads or discussions... "Don't go there!" 2) As long as it is not lowered to the level of "personal bashing"... we ought to be free to poist our thoughts, agreeable, disagreeable or "loonie" (all as determined in the eye (ear) of the beholder) 3) It is a simple process of read and then post... not masny rules are needed other than keep it civil.

So, no, I am not in favor of removing posts merely because they are political because that isn't needed when you are free to read or just move on... No one is forced to read anything here (except the fine print about birthday presents) and the other few simple rules.:cool:

Seriously, can anyone answer a legitimate question without using the word Obama? Try it once. You can't do it, can you? I'm an independent and like to bust your good ole Redneck boyz ballz, just to see if you have a leg to stand on, or just typical political bullcrap. From what I'm seen, you've got the waders on, and there is absolutely no substance to 99% of your arguments. You're voting Republican, no matter what, and will grasp on any tiny thing to justify it!!! All you can say is Obama, Obama, Obama. Get a life, do some REAL research, and give me a real reply without the words Obama or Biden in it. ;)

Regards,

You friendly NTOWS DRIVEBY Independent ;)

BTW, I bust the democrats ballz on other blogs and sites too. This place is nothing but a bunch of Republicans though. ;) LOL

Geez Toxie-poo, don't click then. Easy to screen them by the topics. ;) Sorry, but I have to EARN my money at work and can't police you neo's every day. Trying to keep the U.S. auto worker as the most productive in the WORLD!!!, and to keep the Republicans from further outsourcing our jobs for their personal benefit. LOL

Are you trying to hush me just like the Alaska's legislature is trying to do with the investigation into Trooper-gate and Palin's affair? LOLOLOLOLOL :wub:

Independent? What is that? Kind of like the last guy drafted in the NFL-Mr. Irrelevent.

He's like Linda Blair in the Exorcist!! His head keeps popping up and spinning around on his shoulders..:angry:

You have no idea who wanted what and your source material always leaves a lot to be desired.:unsure: Did you ever think that maybe, during the course of who's going to be John's running mate, that someone finally said, "How about that Sarah Palin from Alaska, John? She's got a lot of people behind her!" John says, "Let me talk to her and see if I like her or not?" Well, he talked to her and decided he liked her and asked if she would consider being his running mate as Vice President on a National Ticket? It could be that easy, couldn't it? That IS making his own decision based on his listening to some advice.

I don't want a President who thinks he knows everything there is and won't listen to others because he's seen ridiculous posts like the one you've posted here.

And there I didn't mention HIM..

Uncle Billy

Unless the Dems get someone new to run for office, I guess we'll still have to use his current name, which is still Obama..............unless he changes his name and becomes "The Politician Formerly Known as Obama". :unsure:

Yeah Billy, I could understand that IF that was what really happened, but it's just your fantasy. As reported by the Republican bible, Fox News, it was just as I said. face it, McCain sold out to the Bush insiders. Rove advising him, and who is managing his campaign? Maybe Bushs' manager, huh? What a pair. Like I said before, I would have voted for McCain a few years ago, but surely not now after he's sold out what he stood for to just have the title of president.

Yeah, yeah, Rightwings. More Obama, Obama. Still can't have a legit counter, can you? Showing the intelligence of the redneck vote even better. Thanks for proving my point!!!

re: Maverick or more of the same? by Terroreyes,9/8/2008 23:14 ET

Yeah Billy, I could understand that IF that was what really happened, but it's just your fantasy. As reported by the Republican bible, Fox News, it was just as I said. face it, McCain sold out to the Bush insiders. Rove advising him, and who is managing his campaign? Maybe Bushs' manager, huh? What a pair. Like I said before, I would have voted for McCain a few years ago, but surely not now after he's sold out what he stood for to just have the title of president.

Yeah, yeah, Rightwings. More Obama, Obama. Still can't have a legit counter, can you? Showing the intelligence of the redneck vote even better. Thanks for proving my point!!!

What are you --- 12 years old. GET A LIFE !!!:huh: Go fishing or something. By the way -- Isn't the Independant party vote like not voting at all ??

Ya know, Terroreyes, if intelligent, adult debate is what you are looking for, you might consider making a point without the personal and/or racist type insults. Generally you will receive a response based on the character of your statement/question. Those lacking interpersonal communication skills often resort to demeaning comments or even violence, which as you have seen is never productive. Just food for thought, eh.

JP

Terror,.....tell us WHY we should vote for Obama OR your "independant" candidate,....be sure to list their experience and voting records to back your points! :rolleyes:

Tell em' Mac....when we get somebody to vote for ,WE WILL!

But, in the meantime we'll pick the lesser of the evils including independent!

And BTW Terror...You don't know me well enough to call me anything!

Friggin political threads need to be pulled Rich...some can't play nice:angry:

BeatDeadHorse.gif

That poor, poor horse... Stop beating it please!!!!

Jim B: Catch up; we're beating the rider. :D:wacko::lol::wacko::D:wacko::lol:

An independent is nothing more than an embarassed Democrat. He's just bummed out like the rest of the lefties out there that their "savior" is sinking like an anchor in the polls as people realize the "community organizer" is an empty suit.

I'm voting for McCain for 3 basic reasons. For one he's a legitimate defender of the 2nd Amendment with a real track record to prove it. Not some "BS" on a website trying to cover up his real views like Barry and Joe. The second reason is taxes. The Democrats are still the same old tax the successful and blow it on social programs party. No thanks. I pay enough. And finally I trust McCain on foreign policy more than I do the Democrats and their pals in Europe. I am an American and want a President that puts the USA first and not worry about what the Europeans think.

Its funny Mr. Browneyes only wants original answers but can only ask questions with cut and paste content. I enjoy a good political discussion as much as the next guy but I want original thoughts not a clip and then demeaning statements and sarcasm. Isn't there a statement on the front page of the site that spells out the rules of engagement? Maybe they need to be enforced a little more strictly.

TOXI-Poo

Jackmo

My comment was in no way directed ay you, it was directed at Terroreyes and hid constant beatign of his i hate McCain dead horse, i think we all get it by now.

Find a good fact finding website such as Factcheck.org and do not make decisions or judgements based on speeches, paid commercials and ads until you check into them. Everyone has different values that they vote on so I am not going to try and sway anyone. Just be sure to vote and please look at the actual facts before you do!

Just a warning it is rather depressing when you look at how malicious the mud slinging really is...not that this is a surprise I suppose.

Isn't "actual fact" redundant?

This is malicious mudslinging?

Marty, I suppose in a sense it is redundant however you can hear "facts" all day long in the news; you tell me if they are "actually facts"!

Not sure what you are asking about my mudslinging comment? It is one thing to call out the opponents flaws but another to be malicious about it. (referring to the campaigns not anyone on this board)

Carry on

I guess this ahole dosent ever want to fish with any of the good folks on this board. Its a shame that hes just here to stir up the pot. TOXIC-poo what the F*&K is that???

Grow up Brown eye. We all have our thoughts about politics. It seems by the replies that folks have posted your just shallow minded and not willing to look at the other side. To bad you could have made some very good friends here.:wacko::wacko:

My opinion for what its worth as a redneck republican. Just make sure you vote. Voting is a option we as Americans are given that too many ignore. We are given this option because of the men and women in the armed forces who have fought and fight today to give us our political freedoms. Like Merl Haggerd said in the 60's "If you don't Like it leave it"

BF

Now I'm Rightwings! Lol! :D

Mudsling.... I'll show you mudslinging.... Corey is a better bass fisherman than I am....

Now that is a real application of the lipstick on a pig thing...

:unsure:

When it comes to bass fishing I am "lost"... instead of "drop shot"... I drop "chit"... LOL

I throw a mean spinner bait... but just not well...:eek:

So, I think the "score" was like 7 or 8 bass and 5 or 6 Rockies to my "goose egg"...

But, I throughly enjoyed myself... "old friends" are great to share a boat with, anytime...

Besides... I am positive he was "backboating" me...:wacko::angry::(

Thread is officially off topic now...or being a fishing site did it just come back on topic? So confused... :)

We had fun, fish were caught and no walleyes were harmed!

Terror,.....we're still waiting for you to tell us WHY we should vote for Obama OR your "independant" candidate,....be sure to list their experiences and voting records to back your points!

tick...tick.....tick...:rolleyes:

The problem with independent candidates is two fold. They make claims and promises that are in many ways extreme and counter government. All the while lobying to get into the system they despise and more than likely cannot function in. It makes better sense to get a put a 2 party candidate in who can function and effect change through established means. It is the baby step process rather than jumping off the cliff of change.

Besides even I can outfish Meyer for green carp.

TOXIC

That sounds great Jack,...but why hasn't he garnished more support?? You would think that with the millions of people who are sick of mainstream politics they would have been all over his bandwagon...(most of his fan base is on college campuses,......pass the bong please!!)

..and for the record,...I had heard of Palin before the VP ordeal...I had seen a story on the "Bridge to Nowhere" on World News Tonite several months ago, and I had seen the now famous bumber sticker: "Alaska, The coldest state,...and the Hottest Governor!" BUT,..I will admit, I had never thought of her as a potential VP candidate,...AND...the more I learn about her now,..the MORE I like her! (Sorry,...I just have a LOT in common with her I guess and I can relate to her lifestyle and values,..I played Hockey,..I hunt and fish a LOT,...I have 2 kids...I loath corruption, and I LOVE my country.) She's an "everyday person" that in my humble opinion is EXACTLY what this country needs right now in a leadership position. I have to believe that if she's ever thrust into the roll of Cmndr in Chf,...she will get unprecidented and unwavering support from the American public,.....WHY?? Because she's one of US,..someone who the overwhelming majority of the public can relate to...from Mainstreet, USA. She's not a holier than thou career politician who believes they are better than us, and only they have the right answers and they know what's best for everybody.....I can't stand those people. I don't like everything about McCain...and I don't like ANYTHING about Obama or Biden....and I don't know enough about Ron Paul to feel good about casting a vote for him. I can however, feel good about Palin, because I can relate to her...she exemplifies all the same reasons I married my wife!! :wub:

The bottom line is:...just VOTE,...as long as we have people dying for that right,..NEVER neglect it!!

Carry on...

Mac

I honestly do not see the relationship between yor kids names and the ability to function in gooberment!!LOL neither one of my children have biblical names.

They call me Tater Salad.

TOXIC

LOL!! Maybe if it was for a specific horse bodypart......oh wait Obama is already taken!!

What, you have problem with "Moon Unit". My son is named Travis and my daughter is Lauren. If all we did were biblical names, the phone book would be 5 pages!! LOL (I can't do smiley faces with my crackberry)

TOXIC

Her childrens' names raising the eyre of the socially inept are common Nordic names.

Read a book. (With a lot of pictures if necessary.) ;)

Wow Jack! We've been waiting for you!! Please share the wealth of knowledge you have garnered in your epic journey through life. A fountain of proverbial knowledge and spellcheck, too! :lol: If you just knew (or could understand) how you and your buddy "Sparrow-thighs" are being toyed with as the socially unacceptable and outrageously pathetic supporters of a ridiculous party ticket.

You also might want to check how archaic the name Trigg actually is. Trigg, Trygg, Tryg, Treg, are still commonly used names in Norway, Denmark and Sweden. Do you know the least bit of Palin's family history?

Also, why the rush to hide your name?? Aren't you willing to proudly stand behind your statements?? I guess trying to hide makes fellas like you and your Eye-guy feel better. I thought with a name like Morelli, you'd be more proud. That's a shame.......:cool:

Speaking of names, isn't one of Biden's sons named Hunter? Why isn't the press all over that?

Congrats!! Glad to see you man up and stand behind what you spew. You should be proud to put your name back in your profile. No stalking by reading your profile, most people just want to know who they're talking to. I can't think of any reason to remove your name, other than the pitifully obvious after assuming a contrary position. (Ala Mr. "Communize") :rolleyes:

Glad all it took was a little peer pressure. Explains volumes of how you received your political views. :wacko:

......I guess this ahole dosent ever want to fish with any of the good folks on this board. Its a shame that hes just here to stir up the pot. TOXIC-poo what the F*&K is that???

Grow up Brown eye. We all have our thoughts about politics. It seems by the replies that folks have posted your just shallow minded and not willing to look at the other side. To bad you could have made some very good friends here............

Whoa, talk about enforcing the rules. LOL Sorry, but when someone suggests I get booted because they don't like my views and I can't be here every second to defend myself besause I don't get paid to surf the net, they're going to get called Toxi-poo. That's what the F*&K that is. Eat it and like it!!!! LOL

The way I look at it, the future of this country is WAY more important than making fishing friends. If you can't see beyond political views, then you are a pretty small person. Some of the best fishing guests I've had on my boat were hardcore redneck Republicans AND city dwelling Democrats off walleye boards that I argued even harder with. I had more time then. ;) Besides, I think you would be wanting to be fishing with me to learn how to catch real fish like walleye and muskie. ;) LOL Just kidding, geez!

And don't take the redneck stuff personal. I'm married to one. She makes Palin look like Brittany Spears when it comes hunting and fishing. :cool: 2/3 of my family are rednecks also. I'm just a little loose with the word because I'm the city boy that rips on them, just like they rip on me. Don't take it personal and I won't take the browneye personal, even though it does show how childish senior citizen rednecks can be. LOL

......... (TerrorEyes aside, 'cause I think it's pretty clear he's just towel-snappin' you guys) .......

Couldn't have said it better myself. ;)

Fellow Ron Paul supporter/volunteer/voter. :)

Dude, you can be civil on other posts but when you get into politics then you become an A$$. Keep that crap over on Walleye Central along with your pike pics. We tolerate Meyer because he is one of the most stand up guys I have ever met and I bet he's embarassed because you walleye fish. You make smart a$$ comments to longtime members here and you will get dogpiled because we are ALL friends regardless of political views. We just don't do that here. Most of us have fished together. I can't believe you are a Michigan boy, A couple of us come to St Clair every year to meet up and fish wanna join us? I just wanna see if you are a smart in person as you are on a keyboard. I'll wager you are not. If everybody here knew that you were nothing more than a young punk who doesn't look old enough to vote anyway, they wouldn't give you the time of day. Keep it up and we'll let Rich decide when to put the end to your juvi antics. As for me....no more replies to you or your "political" posts. You're still wet behind the ears.

TOXIC

Trust me Tox, I'm even more of a smart-ass in person. And I'm not as young as you think, just not as old as you! :p The pike pic was well over 10 years ago. Jealous, aren't you of that pig??? :p All in fun though. You tolerate Greg because he's one of you, regardless of species of fish. ;) LOL Embarassing? I'm embarassed to be called an American along with a few here who claim they are. Not directed at you. Just didn't appeciate the shots you sent my way. You all may be friends, but obviously, I don't subscribe to the good ole boys club tactics. Regardless of politcal views???? Give me a BREAK!!!! All but 2 or 3 posting members are all of the exact same political persuasion. You don't think I might take offense to all of your smart-ass remarks toward our polital process and candidates, making light of it, and posting 100% FALSE information to further propogate it??? Sorry, but I DO give a BIG **** about my country!!! Some people here may think it's a joke and don't care much more than party affiliation, but I do!!! I take great offense to crap like that. If you all can dish out the political scarcasm, be ready to take it back in return!! You make snide Obama posts, I'm going to counter with snide posts to the contrary. Fair is fair. I know it's your court, but I'm not taking my ball and going home. I can play 100 on 1!!

If you guys are willing to keep it to civil posts, without calling contrary views assholes, and quit posting 100% e-mail bullcrap, I'll be just as civil.

Screw those St.Clair smallies. I'll show you some Detroit River largemouth and the thrill of trolling for Erie smallies with heavy bouncers.

No hard feelings!! It's all over in a few weeks!

Dude you started making it personal with the name calling. You didn't like my political view so you made it personal? You can call the candidates anything you want but don't call me out personally. I may be older than you but I don't think you want to make it personal. We old dogs get that way by being smart. You gotta be willing to take it if you are going to dish it out. Its good that you are as fanatical about your politics as you are so why not organize a Ron Paul rally or volunteer for his campaign staff rather than bantering with people that you should know by now that you are not going to change their minds. Find a willing audience. BTW if it takes 10 years to catch a picture worthy hammer handle then switch spiecies!!LOL.

TOXIC

Jackmo/John "Jack" Morelli - You asked about your profile like you were unaware of what the previous posts were about. It was about your statement of her children's names. That would make the average person wonder what kind of low-life would spew any topic regarding innocent children into a political discussion. You go on creating more supportive fantasy that the name Trigg is archaic, yet there are numerous people in Scandanavia, and elsewhere, with that name currently. That was when you decided to remove your name, just like your buddy "Slander-eyes" did, when the fear that a little computer monitor can't hide you from the repercussions of your statements. You were caught acting like a typical internet coward and I called you on it. You immediately returned your name as it was, afterwards, verifying my supposition. (So pliable, like "Hilly"-Putty! :lol: ) Feel free to check me out as much as you like. I have nothing to hide and am very easy to find. Hell, you're welcome to come on over and we can discuss it like a couple of men! (Unless you feel your arrival would leave us one man short. :lol::p:D ) Why are you so concerned to try and hide after picking your side and making your statements, unless you're ashamed or fearfull?? :rolleyes::wacko::unsure:

My suggestion to you was to read a book with pictures. Just trying to give you all the help I can! ;)

In the spirit of fairness, if you wish to continue this mental joust I suggest you offer up a target slightly larger than a grape. :blink: :lol::lol::lol:

OMG,..I've heard and seen it ALL now!!...Now your kid's names' is a prerequisite to one's ability to govern?! Let's see...actual first names of people I know,...."Bambi",.."Sage", "Hunter", "Gunner", "Mickey", "Riley", "Colon", "Neculai", "Judd" and "Archibald". Ohwell....they'd all suck at foreign relations too probably,...glad their parents never ran for President!!. :eek::angry:

Carry on!!

"People all over the world, join hands

Start a love train, love train

People all over the world, join hands

Join a love train, love train"

Latest posts

Back