Man - Great fishing video!

• Thread starter Michael Trepper [URL]http://allatoonabass.proboard
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lat summer (2008) I was on Lake Hamilton in Hot Springs, AR heading in from an early stint of bass fishing, running full throttle when I noticed a few stripers busting. I drove about 10 more seconds and said to myself "why not". So I slowed and spun boat around and shut down where I saw them bust. Within I would say 30 seconds the water was like pirahnas attacking everywhere. My god, just the sound was unbelieveable, like a pool full of kids playing. For approx. 10-15 minutes, but what a run. Caught maybe 12-14, some small and some 3-4 pounders but had a really big hog on that bent my pole like no bass ever did and just that quick it broke me off. A guy that was fishing a couple hundred yards away came in and joined the fun. Both of us were in awe at the frenzy we were in. You could actually see them flash up all around the boat. Talk about an adreneline rush!!! And just as quickly as they boiled up, they vanished. I hope that isn't the last time I get to experience that. Truly a fish story for the memories! :D

BTW: I was able to bring my wife home yesterday evening from hosp. Now the real work begins!

Doug

When I went to Page, AZ to a Yamamoto pro-staff meeting, I got to fish Lake Mead with a pro out of Utah. We were doing good on smallmouth and largies when a tin rig motors up to us and askes if we want to catch some stripe. We said sure...we followed him to the back of a canyon where the striper had bunched up bait against the back wall and were busting them pretty good. He tied on a shallow crank and since I didn't have any of my gear there, I asked him for a white spinnerbait. He looked at me kinda funny and asked why? I told him I was gonna slam some stripe with it. He said they didn't catch striper on spinnerbaits:eek: I told him to watch and learn:lol::lol: I had 5 to 1 against his crank and since the DNR wants fishermen to keep all of the striper (they are overpopulated) we filled his livewells within 15min. In an hour we filled the back deck and 1/2 or the floor of his 21ft Ranger. My thumb was bleeding like I put it in a meatgrinder. We went to a cleaning station and he called his wife and she brought down an electric fillet knife. He cleaned and bagged all of those fish, I'll bet he had 50lbs of fillets:eek: There was a crowd at the cleaning station watching. Probably the most big fish I have ever caught in 1 day let alone a 3 hour stretch!!

TOXIC

Looking forward to the temps dropping and turnover on Lanier. We'll get into scholls of stripers busting so thick you can hear the thud of them chasing bait into your hull. Mid-Sept. through mid-Dec. is a wide-open topwater bonanza!

Great vid Trep!

Latest posts

Back