Mail Call

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barb Baggott

Reaction score
To all of the men and women of this board, I think we can fill Laura's room with cards, letters, and things to laugh her way to health. We will need help from her Dad to let us know what she likes and dislikes.

President Neeley... it's time to lower the Corona's and take on a mission!

As the Pro-temp of the office of Secratary of State of Mind.....(running with Ken),I need your help...

How many of you out there can help us with this? We just need an "aye" or .....

Let's show we are not just a website, we are people, who no matter how far apart, no matter what our likes and dislikes are, we can come together for support of a child!

I personally think, again personally, that a $1.00 card, a 34 cent stamp, is a lot less than we ever spend on lures. So let's give the priceless smile from people that are unknown to Laura, but are only known to her father!

Again, how many "aye's"?

Barb

PS Rob, let us know what she likes or I'm sure she'll be getting lures, plastics, and autograph posters of Bass Master's. Hey Mac, can you come up a cartoon for her?

PSS Think we can beat the longest string here?

Put me on the list, Barb.

As I mentioned in one of Robert's earlier posts, I was in the hospital at age 10 and again at age 12 for diabetes. That was 40 years ago and I've forgotten most of what it was like - but I do remember that I was frightened and it was definately not fun. I remember sleepless nights on a hard, cold, plastic mattress. And kids around me in the ward who were scared and in pain. I remember my mother bringing me "Robinson Crusoe" to read. And not much more.....

Please, everyone, please take a moment of your time to send Laura a card..... And maybe another in a week or two - just to be sure that she always knows that people are thinking of her.....

God bless!

me

Thanks Barb. Just got off the phone with Laura and was informed that she likes books about aminals being rescued. I believe I stated that she was 11 in an earier post, but her mother corrected me and told me she is only 10. (I hope this animal thing is just a phase, I wouldn't mind if she grew up to be a vet, just not president of peta). She likes the auther Laurie Halse Anderson, but any animal books will do. She does not like Harry Potier type books. She also likes crossword puzzles and circle the word type books. Truly, please no one needs to go to much trouble, just your thoughts and especially your prayers are all that are needed. (Although I did hear her ask for a couple of Curados reels. Just kidding).

Btw, I will be taking pictures of her and her room as cards and other things go up, and post them here for all to see. She already has over 100 handmade cards from her friends at school.

Thanks everyone Robert

How evil...taking advantage of a child...just to get a couple of reels...LOL

BTW, my "stuff" is going out in the AM...No reels, sorry...

I've got three kids...this is no trouble at all...a labor of love...our thoughts and prayers continue

count Stacey, Susan and I in. putting together a package to ship this week.

I'll get a card out today and it will have nothing to do with fishing...(maybe).

Bear

AYE.....we're on the job! Need an address Robert, but don't post it here. E-mail one of us and we'll get it to people who want to participate. Crosswords eh? Do they make crosswords about fishing? Oh yeah and CANDY...LOTS of CANDY! LOL

Everyone -

Robert has already posted the address; see "Laura" a few posts earlier.

And God bless all of you!

me!

Actually it was already in another post. To make it easier, I copied it here.

Cards can be mailed to:

Wolfson Children's Hospital

Laura Spradley Rm# 620

800 Prudential Drive

Jacksonville, Fl. 32207

or to my house:

Laura Spradley

2344 Justin Rd W

Jacksonville, Fl. 32210

Thanks everyone Robert

Having just spent a few days in our local house of healing and misery (hospital) I can imagine the prospect of learning she'll have to stay a few more. I'm sure we'll take her mind off these problems for a few days. Hang in there for her, mom and dad.

Gene

Count me in...I'll send it out this weekend...take care and God Bless.

P.S. Great idea Barb...that's why you'll make a great SOS!!

Count me in also, but I'll wait until middle of next week before sending, so that she has a flow of cards. Our prays are with you.

Mike

b.s. I was going to include a Avalanche, but UPS has that length rule, damn I feel bad now!

Count me in too!! Here's a tip that I always use when mailing to someone in the hospital. I put the person's home address in the return address part (top left) and address the card/package to the person c/o hospital. That way if the person has gone home, the hospital will either "return to sender" which is that person's address and they get it anyway, or the hospital will just forward it. Either way the person gets it!

Carli

Count me in too. I bought cards this afternoon and will get them out in the morning. Let's not forget Laura's parents too. They also need our prayers and maybe a card ot two.

Don

Back