LSS 2 Transducer placement

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric Herbert

Reaction score
Can some of you guys that have the HDS structure scan system post pics of where your transducers are mounted!!! It sure would help a lot of us out!! I have read online jack plate, transom, step, etc... But a pic is worth 1000 words. Thanks in advance to anyone who posts to help us out!! I have a HDS 10 bundle that I'm going to install on my 07 901 cdx soon.

Essentially I orders the parts from Transducer Saver and Shield and installed it myself. The key is to buy an L-bracket undrilled and drill to fit. Take your boat out and get a scum line on the gunnel. Then level the bracket so the LSS-2 sit horizontal to the bottom. Drill the holes in the bracket to match existing threaded holes that are normally for a step ladder.

I don't really care for Transducer Saver and Shield of Wetumpka, AL. On one occasion the owner was quick to blame me for ordering wrong part (pre drilled L-bracket for a Slide Master) and wouldn't return it so I had to order another. Then they called me back later with their new product to mount an Elite Down Scan transducer. I installed it and it rubbed on the trolling motor prop. I called again and the guys said I ordered for the wrong trolling motor. He did offer to sell me as spacer kit and that said they would modify future models.

Order carefully if you go with them.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 1,667
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 4,896
ok UBP hole shot plate with the LSS2 transducer bracket attached to the bottom of it is the way to go!!!!!!!!!

ok UBP hole shot plate with the LSS2 transducer bracket attached to the bottom of it is the way to go!!!!!!!!!

Okay guys I just bought one online, trying to figure out where to mount transducer. I have no jack plate, where do I mount this?

here is a pic of the hole shot plate installed on the bottom of my jack plate.

Attachments

• ubp.png
    ubp.png
    113 KB · Views: 1,514

Latest posts

Back