Lost it!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dreaminbig

Reaction score
I decided to take leave work a couple hours early today and do a little bank fishing. I was gonna hit a small private pond near my house but instead decided to head to Lake Merriweather which is a 505 acre lake owned by the Boy Scouts. They only let you fish the area around the dam and only during certain times of the year. Anyway, I starting pitching a crankbait and caught a couple of 12-14" bass within the first few minutes. I eventually worked my way over near the spillway fishing the rip-rap which happens to be very large here. It's also chocked full of wood that has landed there over the years. I ran the crankbait down the length of a log and it just stopped. I'd have thought it was hung up but it was pulling. I finally got it pulled out from the limbs and saw it. It was definatly the biggest bass of my life. It was an easy 12lbs! Unfortunatly, about 10ft from the bank it came unbuttoned. Talk about dissapointment! Oh well, I'll get her another day.

I just wish I could fish this lake with a boat. I've fished the edges my whole life and caught numerous big bass from there and got to witnes my dad catch a 12lber out of there several years back. It's in my opinion one of the best bass lake this state has to offer but can't be accessed.

Just thought I'd share the story with you guys. BTW, it was a beauiful day out there!

I feel for you. :( But, at least you got to feel some fight and get a look at it. Consider it a careful release and get it another day.

Latest posts

Back