LiveWells?????

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobby smith2

Reaction score
Ok ya'll, I'm new to this boating thing as some of you know. Now I need some help with my livewells on my 98' nitro. I would like to know how to test these to see if they are working and also the fundamentals of the switches. I have the following electrial switches: Bilge, Aux Fill, and a Manual-Auto-Fill/Recirc. I also have a manual dial control that is Recirc-Empty-Auto. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Please, if explaining how these work, know that I have NO knowledge of liveWell operation, so please be descriptive. I am very mechanically inclined so I will be able to follow directions very easy. Lol. Thank you!

Bobby

I can't really help you too much because I have a different system. I'm trying to learn and figure mine out as well.

Finally narrowed my inoperative aerators to one bad pump and one bad fuse...

Anyway, this site has proven tremendously helpful: http://www.flow-rite.com/marine/catalog-documentation

Click the link that says "Livewell Control Systems", under the "Product Information" section... Let us know!

I can't really help you too much because I have a different system. I'm trying to learn and figure mine out as well.

Finally narrowed my inoperative aerators to one bad pump and one bad fuse...

Anyway, this site has proven tremendously helpful: http://www.flow-rite.com/marine/catalog-documentation

Click the link that says "Livewell Control Systems", under the "Product Information" section... Let us know!

Bilge is for water accumulating in the bottom of the boat. Turn switch on and you should hear it run. To test it run the hose in the back and fill some water in. then look for where it pumps out through the hull. Remember it.

Manual-Auto-Fill/Recirc. fills the live well/wells have to do that in the water but you should hear it run with rear hatch open. Good luck with that! Recirc uses the same pump but switches from water outside the boat to water inside the livewell being pumped. Auto runs on a timer that pumps water from inside the livewell through the areator again. Mine is five minutes on twenty off. Recirc-empty pumps the livewell empties shooting a stream of water on bystanders as you drive by them and recircs the water continuously. Thats how mine works but you'll have to experiment. Remember to listen for the pumps to come on with the deck open.

fatrap

Ok Hogg, You probably have everything figured out by now but i will give give you a tip. I saw you said you were from Texas so obviously its pretty warm there. When your fishing roll your manual dial to auto and kick on your auxiliary fill switch. In english, that should be your fresh water pump. You have a fresh water pump and a recirculating pump. The way to check which switch is what put the manual dial on recirc and fill the livewell half way up with a hose pipe, then turn a switch on if water starts pumping that is your recirc switch, if you hear the pump come on but no water pumping that is your freshwater pump, its trying to pull water in from outside the boat and will work when your boat is in the water. The bilge switch has nothing to do with the livewells. Anyway i was fishing a tournament in a Triton sometime back which i have had problems keeping fish alive in this boat from time to time. Terry Scroggins the elite series pro, was there and i heard him talking about this problem during hot weather, he said to open your valve and run the fresh water pump constantly while your fishing turn that off and turn the recirc on, when running from spot to spot since doing that, i have not had near the trouble with losing fish in that boat.

Back