Livewell

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rod Orieux

Reaction score
I have a 2006 Nitro 288. Love the boat. Having a minor issue with the livewells though. I would like to be able to recirculate the water in them but all I end up doing is flooding the decks and filling the bilge. With the overflow tube inserted, I try to half fill the tank and then turn the switch to auto. My thoughts were that it would fill to top of overflow tube, drain a little, and new fresh water would be introduced. Instead, it floods. There are no obstructions in the gravity fed drain tubes. Any thoughts? I'm fishing tomorrow for northern pikes and may try not putting tube in or a plug and just keeping auto on and see what happens. Gotta catch some first though!

If I am understanding you correctly it would appear that the overflow is not connected to outside of the hull. All of my livewells the overflow went to a hull connection that flowed back to the water and not in the boat.

cq

Yeah, drain out is connected to tube and then out back of boat under transom, close to pad.

Check all hose connections. It sounds as though you may just have loose hose clamps at the connections. It's also possible you have a cracked connection. I am assuming that you can trace (visually) the overflow hose to the rear outlet; and that it is actually connected?

Under some conditions, my livewell will fill faster than the overflow will let water out. Drifting with the wind at my stern will assure an overflow condition if I do not monitor water intake.

Is it possible that the livewell pump has been replaced? Could be oversized. Pumps can be 500 gph up to 1100 gph. Do you have a recirculate valve or switch for recirculation? Systems can vary from fill/recirculate/overflow, anyone that adds chemicals to the livewell will not use the overflow method they like the recirculate method.
http://www.google.com/search?q=live...rmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=

Latest posts

Back