Livewell Use

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derek Guffey

Reaction score
Ok so I am back again. This seems to be the place to go for advice. I am having trouble with my livewell leaking but not sure where. After I get the boat on plane to go to another spot I will usually be able to bilge a little water out. This only happens if I use the livewell so I have somewhat isolated the problem. My question is I have been leaving the livewell on auto and it seems to fill all the way up to the overflow, is that too much water? Now that summer is here I will be using recirculate with ice and rejuvenade especially after a dead fish penalty last tournament but I want to be sure how much water should actually be in the livewell? I guess my main question here is am I leaking because of overfilling the livewell? Thanks in advance

Your using it right, my best guess is that the top seal on the livewell is leaking. I had similar with mine when i had my 882 and what i needed to do was reseal the well to the top cap. I would remove all the old sealant and reseal with aquarium sealant. Also look at the overflow hoses and make sure they are connected and tight.

Ok thanks I will try it. When you say the top seal are you meaning the small space between the tank and the top? It's kinda hard to see but if I put a finger against the bottom of the top deck there is a small but even space all the way around the livewell. It doesn't seem like it should be closed though because the livewell has a rounded edge at the top?

I had issue with leaking livewell. 1 was the pump was leaking. So every time I filled the well water would leak in bilge area. To fix I replaced pump. 2 leak was with recerc on. Water would shoot across livewell and leak over top of well and deck floor. Solution. I bought plastic fittings to redirect spray down into livewell instead of across. No more leaks.

I have a 2001 750 XL nitro that is leaking either from the live well pump or the hoses. And it is a pain in the button to work on! You cannot see it because it's under the gastank. Any ideas???

Latest posts

Back