Lews rods

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have an older Lew's Laser stix and it still is one of my favorites.....it has a great handle on it, not a pistol grip, and has a contour on it that is very comfortable......

Cool, thanks Mike....all but 2 of my reels are Lews and I really like them, and was thinking about trying their rods as well.

Eric

I have a Lews bb 1 N or something reel that I bought back In 79 or 80 I caught most of my big fish on It.I had the company rebuild It and It has set since I got It back..Very fine reel for early shimano..Probably gonna sell It..I put It on a phoenix rod,some deal Back In the day..Loved It...

JR

I've got several of the original Lew's reels. From the first Shimano made Lew's through the Ryobi manufacturing switch, the Lew's of the '80's were light years ahead of their competition worldwide. I'm sure if I unboxed and lubed them they would work as well as most others made today. The earlier rods were strikingly different as well, be it componants used or design, those rods also propelled industry wide rod building towards the future. Current model rods I've only held in hand and don't see much difference with other rods in their priceline.

Latest posts

Back