LCX-17M Problem

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruce Freeman

Reaction score
Hey I can't see / read the display on my gps. Fired it up for the first time this year and it came up like normal and then went blank. Unit powers up ok, backlighting works, makes all the sounds like it's working when I go through the buttons, will even mark waypoints that I can see on the lms480 on the bow? So I remember Tritonglenn from NTOWS telling someone about a hard reset for the Lowrance units. Like an alt,ctl del on a pc. But I don't remember which buttons to hold? If the screen is toast is it worth getting it fixed. Or if I replace it, will it be plug and play with the transducer and the network or will I have to start over?

Thank You
Bruce F

Soft Reset (Does not delete GPS Data) Hard Reset (Deletes stored GPS Data such as Waypoints and trails)
1. Turn unit OFF 1. Turn unit OFF
2. Press and hold the PAGES key 2. Press and hold the ZIN&ZOUT Keys at the same time
3. Press and hold the PWR key 3. Press and hold the PWR key
4. Release both buttons when the USA map appears 4. Release both buttons when the USA map appears

Soft Reset (Does not delete GPS Data) Hard Reset (Deletes stored GPS Data such as Waypoints and trails)
1. Turn unit OFF 1. Turn unit OFF
2. Press and hold the PAGES key 2. Press and hold the ZIN&ZOUT Keys at the same time
3. Press and hold the PWR key 3. Press and hold the PWR key
4. Release both buttons when the USA map appears 4. Release both buttons when the USA map appears

Thank you, did not help. Screen must be toast. But thanks again anyway.

Bruce

Latest posts

Back