Lasik Surgery Update

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teri C.

Reaction score
I am happy to say I am writing this with no glasses! I had my follow up visit this morning and I am 20/15 in my left eye and 20/20 in my right eye. They will get clearer as they heal so I am way ahead of schedule. I can't believe I can see this good after 20 years with glasses. I would highly recommend the bladeless surgery to anyone.

The procedure itself was pretty painless. I only felt pain once when he was pushing a suction cup over my eye. He pushes down on it harder and harder and eventually you can't see anything but black. He had already done this to the other eye so I wasn't expecting it to hurt. He pushed down real hard and it felt like someone stuck me in the eye with a sharp object. I said "That hurt!" and that was the only time I felt pain. Other parts were just weird and uncomfotable but no pain. They spray some solution all over your eye and tell you to look all different directions and I got kind of freaked out by the spray and he had to keep telling me where I was suppose to be looking. Like I said, doesn't hurt just not something you are used to. The whole OR time was about 20 minutes.

When he was done, I could see but things were fuzzy and hazy. They want you to go home and take a 2 hour nap. I went home and slept for about 4 hours. When I woke up, my eyes were burning bad. I put some numbing drops in and that took care of it. Before I went to sleep, I put some numbing drops in and then put some lubricant drops in right after. The doctor said that was a mistake because I washed out the numbing drops. I watched tv for a bit last night with sunglasses and slept the rest of the night.

Today, my eyes don't hurt at all. I put in drops every hour to keep them moist and other drops 3 times a day. My eyes get dry and I see halos around bright lights but they don't hurt. If anything, it feels like a dirty contact on my eye when it gets real dry. They said the halos will go away. Take 3 months to fully heal. But wow I can't believe how well I can see.

I went to Dr. Arrowsmith in Nashville, TN. Someone asked about Dr Wang. He is really good too. My neighbor is a nurse for Dr Arrowsmith so she convinced me he is one of the best.

Bottomline, if you are thinking about it. Do it! Hope that helps those of you who are debating it.

Congrats... that is very cool Teri. Beat back the ravages of time in at least one area... Now, if Dr. whatever can get my hair back.... :eek:

That sounds great Teri. I was hoping you would take me out on Priest fishing this spring, but if your eyes are that good now, you probably couldn't stand to see me in your boat!:):p

Good news for you on the 20/20. Keep those shades on!:cool:

Tom

Glad to hear..I have had It and several on the floaters..haven't needed glasses for years, JR GO COLTS:D

Tom, shoot me an email when it starts warming up and we will definitely go out on Priest. I figure I will get my boat out of storage the first of March. I am counting down the days.

Dewey, I am not sure my new eyesight will help me catch fish but every little thing helps!

I had Lasik done in 1999. It was the best thing I've ever done. I was 20/400 in my left & 20/600 in my right. I'm now 20/20 in both. Like you I had halos & they lasted about 1 year. They were pretty bad at 1st but slowly went away.

Latest posts

Back