Lake Oneida

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Spent the weekend on Oneida. The fishing was really good... Some really good smallies and a few nice largies. Some of the areas where I thought that there was algie concentrated we coudn't get bit. The clean spots produced some good fish. It's only going to get better with the shorter days. Headed to Black Lake NY in 2 weeks. It's a great bass lake. Good for pike too. Anybody ever been there?

I too was at Oneida this weekend. Wasn't fishing, just went to BM weigh in. Sat and talked with Ike for a while after the Tx on Friday. Great guy. He gave me some tips for a Lake George Tx I have coming up. Ish stopped by along with a number of others. First time I had ever seen those guys live. I couldn't get over how approachable and friendly every single one of the competitors was. We truely have the most professional and polite people in our sport, even at the top. Can't say that about too many other sports. Actually, I can't think of one other sport I could say that about. I fished Black lake about 8 years ago. We went there for crappies because of the good thing we about it. Did catch a ton of them, but they were all just barely legal. Still fun to catch. We went in early June before bass season opened so we didn't really fish for them. Caught a few walleye and pike. Nothing great there either, but again we weren't really fishing for them. I would suggest a good lake map if you don't have a navionics chip. We found some areas that came up real quick. If you go down the river you will come to a neat lillte waterfalls with a really nice looking pool in front of it. Gotta be some smallies in it!!If you go to the Black Lake message board you can get up to date info on what's being caught and on what baits. Pretty neat forum. :)

I've was up at Oneida the second week in July. Fishing was great. Threw a spinnerbait and chatterbait all day in the weeds and caught a ton of fish. Mixed bag of smallies, largemouth, walleye, pickerel, ring perch and sunfish. A great vacation spot or group fishing trip lake. Something always seems to be biting. I've been up there four or five times and have done the best on the bigger smallmouth after Labor Day. Planning on taking the family up again next summer. House rental rates are more reasonable there than the Finger Lakes or Lake George. If you have a family plenty of other things to do in the many towns around the lake and Syracuse.

Steve

Latest posts

Back