Lake Lanier Get Together

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Hammer TOXIC

Reaction score
Just wanted to put it out there that a convoy of Virginians, West Virginians and Marylanders are heading down to Lanier in January and meeting up with a gaggle of Georgia boys for a winter Spot Sticking Get-together. Dan J and Trepper are going to try and make it but we will be there in force. We have rented all of the cabins at the new Don Carter State Park (yes we know we will have to trailer South to get to the Spot spots). For anyone who is local and wants to meet up, it would be a good time. At this point it looks to be about 30 boats give or take. When we do a get together, we do it up right!! Carlos and I will leave (his truck my boat) on Thursday the 16th, fish the 17th-18th and return on the 19th. It's right at 8 1/2 hours for us. The Georgia guys have open seats and there is a lot of talent going to show. Cookouts and a LOT of shennagins will be taking place. I just wanted to make sure y'all knew you were welcome to attend.....and stick some monster spotted bass!!

Too cold that time of year for me. Plus, if I have my heart surgery in Dec, I won't be up to snuff for it.

Praying for a good outcome Charles. I've never caught a spot so I am pretty geared up for this trip. Also getting to finally fish with Big Dan (known him for at least 15 years) is a plus. Add to that the time of year is when the magnum spots eat and it's a bucket list trip!! The guys that are making the trip are some of the best you will ever meet. The Georgia Lanier fishermen have stepped up big time and are offering up back seats, bringing fryers for the fish fry and are showing some of that Southern Hospitality willing to try to put us on some of the fish Lanier is known for. I have no doubts that we will catch some memory making fish (especially with Big Dan in my boat). Now we just need to make sure Mother Nature lets us out of Virginia without that icky white stuff!!

yep, we had a mild winter for the last 5 years, so I'm predicting it'll be a white b*tch cold one this year with plenty of ice and frozen pipes

Scott, I will try to make it. Would love to see the old NTOWs crowd.

Latest posts

Back