lake bomoseen vermont

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stan jones

Reaction score
our first time out was great. even if we hadn't caught anything. what a beautiful day. we were in tee shirts by 1 o'clock.we caught 5 or 6 each. my biggest was 2.5 and my friends biggest was was 5.5 lbs. all largemouth.on the water by 7:30 started catching by 8:30.black and gold rogue,and crawdad huskey jerk. in the north end. a lot of other people throwing spinnerbaits.without much luck. my friends six totaled over 20 lbs.it was his first time ever on this lake. i don't think i will have a problem getting him to go back there.most of the fish were from 1 spot.this spot has produced many times before for me this time of year. a couple of submerged stumps in a huge weed flat about 5 foot deep. water was 49 degrees when we started and 59 dregrees when we stopped at 2 o'clock. can't wait to get back out again. stan

Great Stan. I was out, but had to end my day early on Saturday, as the outboard was throwing an alarm. Did manage 3 fish though quickly. I just know that if I could have made it to the flats, I would have nailed 'em. What was your water temp. In the Chazy River mouth (site for the rally launch) it was 50 already! At 52-54 they turn on BIG time.

Stan, sorry about the brain lapse. totally did not register that you had put the temp in your original post. Is this one of the first signs? LOL

Hey Stan,

How come no pics??? Who went with you?? Keith??

Carli

yes carli it was keith.i have pics but i didn't bring the digital. so i have to wait until i use up the roll. also i wonder who the guest speaker is? ha ha. i hope people aren't dissapointed thinking its someone outside the club. oh well we'll see.thanks stan

also they were hitting the rogue about 2 to 1 this day. and of course we only had 1. pretty typical. theres a lot of people that would never belive i didn't have enough equipment. thanks stan

Stan,

Sounds like a good day. I drive by Lake Bomoseen and Lake St. Catherine on my way to southern Vermont where I hunt each Spring and Fall. I have never had the opportunity to fish them, but I've always read good things. Lake Champlain is only a 15 minute drive to the marina so I don't venture too far from home with my boat. Have you fished St. Catherine?

Bob G.

Stan and Bob, you guys coming for the rally? No excuses! You guys are close and know the lake. Will you be joining us on Friday?

Rob,

I plan on attending the rally on the Saturday. I have to work on Sunday. I don't know your side of the lake, but I'll just have to wing it!! I may be able to come over on Friday. June looks like a busy month for our household.

Bob G.

i won't say no yet. but i have a 3 day club tourn the very next weekend on champlain out of ti. i would really like to do both but i'm not sure i can.i've already got my room at the super 8 in ti.the other reason i would really like to come up is my beer of choice involves sticking a slice of nice tart green fruit in it. thanks stan

Latest posts

Back